New Head Coach

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Matt Luke as Head coach if you have him put together a new staff. He needs an OC with experience and this defense is no better than last year. Can't stop a 2 year old from stealing a cookie!
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JoeRebel wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:19 am I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Matt Luke as Head coach if you have him put together a new staff. He needs an OC with experience and this defense is no better than last year. Can't stop a 2 year old from stealing a cookie!

I hope you would be in the minority... What unit was consistently the worst when Freeze was the HC?
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I need wins over Lsu, Ark & Msu in that order.
I want wins over Ala, Vandy, Atm and auburn in that order.

Find me a coach that always get me 2 of my needs, 2 of my wants and now and then bring me a special season with more.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

JoeRebel wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:19 am I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Matt Luke as Head coach if you have him put together a new staff. He needs an OC with experience and this defense is no better than last year. Can't stop a 2 year old from stealing a cookie!
Not necessarily saying you are but, I’ve found a lot of rebel fans sympthizing with Luke after the recent video of him talking to the team came out. So, do we want a motivational speaker or a football coach?? Because I’m sure there are a lot better speakers out there too. Sorry, I don’t see Luke ever landing a division 1 HC job.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:04 pm
Not necessarily saying you are but, I’ve found a lot of rebel fans sympthizing with Luke after the recent video of him talking to the team came out. So, do we want a motivational speaker or a football coach?? Because I’m sure there are a lot better speakers out there too. Sorry, I don’t see Luke ever landing a division 1 HC job.
It’s just one of those times to step outside the alumni box.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'll say it again, I hope we get Mike Norvell. 8-)
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

$4 million salary
Use $4 million of that buy out Freeze left on the table as a signing bonus. Watch applications appear.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4eScf6TMaM
GtownRebel
All American
All American

bbqit wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:01 pm $4 million salary
Use $4 million of that buy out Freeze left on the table as a signing bonus. Watch applications appear.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4eScf6TMaM
True...money talks and bull *beep* walks.
cajunrebel

In the "I didn't expect that" category, UPig just fired the AD - Jeff Long. Betting that CBB will be next.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

we can only hope that Ole Miss will do the same
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
umrebel96
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I really hope Bielma keeps his job, since Ark would probably some of the same guys we would.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think it's a good chance Gus goes to arkie. After Gruden turns the vols down, they get Mullen. That opens the door for us to get Norvell. Make it happen.....
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 pm I think it's a good chance Gus goes to arkie. After Gruden turns the vols down, they get Mullen. That opens the door for us to get Norvell. Make it happen.....
I get that Mahlzan is from Arkansas, but why else would he want that job? Auburn is a MUCH better job and he has a legitimate chance to win the West this year.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:01 am
rebeljim wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 pm I think it's a good chance Gus goes to arkie. After Gruden turns the vols down, they get Mullen. That opens the door for us to get Norvell. Make it happen.....
I get that Mahlzan is from Arkansas, but why else would he want that job? Auburn is a MUCH better job and he has a legitimate chance to win the West this year.
Auburn doesn’t appreciate him and half the ark fan base doesn’t like him. Goes way back to when nutt was there and they all wanted mustain as qb
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit speaks the truth... Auburn folks are ready to fire Malzan every 15 minutes.