New Head Coach

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

GtownRebel
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:18 pm
GtownRebel wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:40 pm I don't care who it is cause whomever it is will have a tough next 4 years. There is no savior at this moment.
Agreed, but there are several who could make it worse...and I believe a couple of those are in the lists I have been seeing.
Yep, I have to agree.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:16 pm
WildRebel wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 am I wouldn’t mind Strong. He’s a lot better coach than people give him credit for. Do the research behind his hiring at Texas. A lot of boosters didn’t want him and he never had a shot at being successful there. I like Norvell but I won’t be upset with Strong.
I saw it first hand. He had one big money guy against him. But he had all the money in the world, a team full of top 10 recruiting classes, and the execution all around was comical. He played musical coordinators. And he never seemed to even grasp that his team and staff were woefully underperforming. I used to listen to his press conferences just for the humor of a man being paid millions to be in total denial.
Denial? I disagree. The guy knows how to coach. Texas is a tough place to coach. From the outside looking in, it’s easy. Similar to the things you named but I watched a video with Mack brown a while back talking about how it’s a lot tougher place to coach than what it seems. Constant pressure coming from everywhere...so I can understand Strong’s demeanor.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think our top 2 are Tagert and Norvell.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:10 pm
WildRebel wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 am I wouldn’t mind Strong. He’s a lot better coach than people give him credit for. Do the research behind his hiring at Texas. A lot of boosters didn’t want him and he never had a shot at being successful there. I like Norvell but I won’t be upset with Strong.
I saw it first hand. He had one big money guy against him. But he had all the money in the world, a team full of top 10 recruiting classes, and the execution all around was comical. He played musical coordinators. And he never seemed to even grasp that his team and staff were woefully underperforming. I used to listen to his press conferences just for the humor of a man being paid millions to be in total denial.
Denial? I disagree. The guy knows how to coach. Texas is a tough place to coach. From the outside looking in, it’s easy. Similar to the things you named but I watched a video with Mack brown a while back talking about how it’s a lot tougher place to coach than what it seems. Constant pressure coming from everywhere...so I can understand Strong’s demeanor.
He was in a weak league with top recruits and could not win. I have no reason to expect he could win in the toughest division in college football.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I want a miracle
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:16 pm
WildRebel wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:10 pm

He was in a weak league with top recruits and could not win. I have no reason to expect he could win in the toughest division in college football.
He didn’t come into the best situation and changed the culture at Texas. Played a ton of young players and we’ll disagreebut I think Texas could eventually developed into a good team.

**The west is not what it used to be. The SEC is pretty weak overall.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

I wouldn’t mind Strong. I think there was a lot going on at Texas when he got there that was out of his hands. At this point, I’m just ready to get it over with, find out what our punishment is, and move on. Sick of the whole thing.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The new coach could be Morris. Tagart reportedly isn't nterested. Supposedly Strong and Norvell failed their vetting. Rumors are Morris is the leader.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Are these rumors coming from the same people who said we would hear from the NCAA over 2 weeks ago?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:22 pm Are these rumors coming from the same people who said we would hear from the NCAA over 2 weeks ago?
These rumors are coming from Ben and David on scout.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebelbear wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:22 pm Are these rumors coming from the same people who said we would hear from the NCAA over 2 weeks ago?
This^^ I’m going to hold out on what I hear until it’s officially announced. Your input is greatly appreciated though Jim.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

I agree. If this much information is floating around we need to find the leak and fix it. The most we should know is a list of candidates and who has interviewed.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

Please, please do not settle for Morris! There are a lot more viable candidates including assistants that are better choices.
Just another day being better than State.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend