New Head Coach

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:52 pm Looks like Jimbo to A&M.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RandyMcIlvoy ... wsrc%5Etfw
This sucks if true
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Luke is the guy. I think this means more bad news coming from sanctions.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

WildRebel wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:30 pm Luke is the guy. I think this means more bad news coming from sanctions.
Could be. Could also be we got told ‘no thanks’ by a couple of guys because of uncertainty. Could also still be something else in the works. Either way, at least we’re not in melt down mode like Knoxville.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Seems the vols are back looking for a coach. They're protesting in the streets of Knoxville and the TN State legislature has stepped in to block the hire. It stems from Schiano time at Penn St. during all that child molestation and cover up. So, looks like a no for Schiano.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rivals is saying it is done. Saying Luke is our coach. Wonder if we change any assistants?
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I'm still not totally against Luke. I think the DC hire might be more important than the head coach hire at this time!
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JoeRebel wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:56 pm I'm still not totally against Luke. I think the DC hire might be more important than the head coach hire at this time!
I bet he keeps crime dog as the DC. Not basis this on anything, jmo.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebeljim wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:01 pm
JoeRebel wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:56 pm I'm still not totally against Luke. I think the DC hire might be more important than the head coach hire at this time!
I bet he keeps crime dog as the DC. Not basis this on anything, jmo.
I agree. I could see Luke keeping everybody in place, including Longo. I don’t agree but not my job. I also don’t like the Luke hire(if true) but it may mean we can’t get anyone else. Oh well, at least I won’t have expectations through the roof for a few years.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

If Luke gets the job and keeps everyone in place, he better know that there is a plan. Otherwise he is saetting himself up to fail. This defense can't tackle. Then again they aren't very good at slowing down a good passing game either.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

JoeRebel wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:28 pm If Luke gets the job and keeps everyone in place, he better know that there is a plan. Otherwise he is saetting himself up to fail. This defense can't tackle. Then again they aren't very good at slowing down a good passing game either.
I don’t see any scenario where we make progress with anything going on right now. From coaching to the sanctions, this program is going in the tank. How far is the question...
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ole Miss football, the pit of misery. Dilly Dilly.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Dilly Dilly
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel
All American
All American

WildRebel wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:35 pm
JoeRebel wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:28 pm If Luke gets the job and keeps everyone in place, he better know that there is a plan. Otherwise he is saetting himself up to fail. This defense can't tackle. Then again they aren't very good at slowing down a good passing game either.
I don’t see any scenario where we make progress with anything going on right now. From coaching to the sanctions, this program is going in the tank. How far is the question...
I agree. This was actually the easiest pick because you can't lose on it. The fans will eventually support an Alum like we did Rod Barnes. And if Matt doesn't work out, then he has his future paid for by the millions he will make at this job. Will we be competitive in the SEC West? Let me ask the question - how many first year HC's for the first time are ever competitive at their first school HC position?

What gets to me is all of the bull *beep* spread on a national search (history repeated again) and it not happening. Why do I say this? One recruit said "Coach Harris told him over a week ago that the staff was staying together." The decision was already made then. That tells me the decision was made over 2 weeks ago and no true national search was made. The defenders of the choice will say "well who do you think would come here under these conditions? " my response is, "You will never know since the national search never occurred, thus no list was ever given and will never be given." But bottom line is we' were duped again by the Administration. Luke is talking about bringing in more Good Ole Boys, thus we will be more into partying than concerning ourselves with trying to be competitive. Again I refer to history. I am tired of Oe Miss not trying to get the best of the best and back tracking into the "we are little Ole Miss...the door mat of the SEC West." But apparently between the Chancellor and the AD, that is where we belong. We can't even cheat the right way and we hire people with little position experience to coach these players.

I hope I am wrong and Matt Luke is the second coming of John Vaught. We will know in 5 years or sooner. If everything that happened from a coaching prospective in the Egg Bowl is any indication, it will be a long 5 years. Too many mistakes made from calling time out with 15 seconds on the clock at halftime, the opponent had no more time outs, and MSU gets 3 points. Or the first onside kick was exposed when MSU lined up and Ole Miss lines up for a regular return. These are only 2 of several on the field coaching mistakes made and we still won by some means. Just My Honest Opinion.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

A lot of what y’all have been reading in this thread and others is why I’ve been saying you got to prove me wrong. This whole thing, our non coaching search, our being told of a coaching search, our NCAA problems and our being told so many times wrong about our NCAA problems, is leading more and more as an internal takeover. Seen this before. Some are willing to destroy the whole thing just to get their way. Like I said, prove me wrong with wins. There is no other way you will get me on board.