rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If true, that would SUCK.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

THat would be a HORRIBLE hire! He was pathetic and, even worse, delusional in Austin. He did not have a clue. They would shift coaching responsibilities every few weeks. He was almost comically unaware in his press conferences. He was a deer in the headlights the entire time! Insiders knew almost immediately they had made a bad hire. This would be hugely disappointing and it has Vitter’s non-football political approach written all over it.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:30 pm THat would be a HORRIBLE hire! He was pathetic and, even worse, delusional in Austin. He did not have a clue. They would shift coaching responsibilities every few weeks. He was almost comically unaware in his press conferences. He was a deer in the headlights the entire time! Insiders knew almost immediately they had made a bad hire. This would be hugely disappointing and it has Vitter’s non-football political approach written all over it.

Vitter is no friend to the Athletics department...
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

steve nichols wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:12 pm Hearing Strong will be announced Friday 3 million with big incentives
Understand the concerns about Texas, but what about Louisville and South Florida? With where we are, I like the hire, if true.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I used to think he would be good too, but I’m telling you I saw him out coached in almost every game. And his total lack of awareness was stunning. Louisville and directional Florida U are not the SEC West.

I would feel much better taking a shot with a coordinator like Pruitt than a head coach who has proven he can’t handle the Big 12, much less the SEC.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I wouldn’t mind Strong. He’s a lot better coach than people give him credit for. Do the research behind his hiring at Texas. A lot of boosters didn’t want him and he never had a shot at being successful there. I like Norvell but I won’t be upset with Strong.
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Rebchuck18 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:47 pm I used to think he would be good too, but I’m telling you I saw him out coached in almost every game. And his total lack of awareness was stunning. Louisville and directional Florida U are not the SEC West.

I would feel much better taking a shot with a coordinator like Pruitt than a head coach who has proven he can’t handle the Big 12, much less the SEC.
100% agree.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Pruitt is the name i keep hearing.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I don't care who it is cause whomever it is will have a tough next 4 years. There is no savior at this moment.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:40 pm I don't care who it is cause whomever it is will have a tough next 4 years. There is no savior at this moment.
Not even Saban?
Some Random Dude
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

lewindha wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:28 pm
GtownRebel wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:40 pm I don't care who it is cause whomever it is will have a tough next 4 years. There is no savior at this moment.
Not even Saban?
My sources are saying Saban was seen eating on the Square last night...could it be?!?!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:51 pm
lewindha wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:28 pm
Not even Saban?
My sources are saying Saban was seen eating on the Square last night...could it be?!?!!
Haha. Yet I wish they would video offering him $20 million a year so I could watch his expression having to turn down that money.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 am I wouldn’t mind Strong. He’s a lot better coach than people give him credit for. Do the research behind his hiring at Texas. A lot of boosters didn’t want him and he never had a shot at being successful there. I like Norvell but I won’t be upset with Strong.
I saw it first hand. He had one big money guy against him. But he had all the money in the world, a team full of top 10 recruiting classes, and the execution all around was comical. He played musical coordinators. And he never seemed to even grasp that his team and staff were woefully underperforming. I used to listen to his press conferences just for the humor of a man being paid millions to be in total denial.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Agreed, but there are several who could make it worse...and I believe a couple of those are in the lists I have been seeing.