Ta'Amu Arkansas game

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I just got home from the game. One of the ten most wretched games of my 50 years as a Rebel fan. Ta’Amu can be a real good QB in this league. Matt Luke will never be an even adequate football coach in any league. How many times can you let a team run the exact same play against you and get awa with it. How do you have your third string running back in a game late deep in your own territory and have him fumble a hand off for a gift TD. Arkansas’ coach is almost as bad. We absolutely could not stop their running backs and he is running pass plays and deep pitches on fourth down and short. Two abysmal coaching staffs on the field today. But one at least made adjustments. The other...not a clue!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

lewindha wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:36 pm
WildRebel wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:10 pm Offense isn’t that good if you ask me. We have skilled players but that only gets as far as coaching takes them. Arkansas just might be a worse team than us...and we still could lose this one. AD has work to do.
37 points should be enough to win 99% of your games.

The defense is the worst I've seen in a long time. That loss was inexcusable. I have support Bjork through all of this, but am now starting to question that after making such a big offer to retain Luke. Should've let him go to S. Carolina
Completely agree. But, 99% of the time you won’t be playing a bad team like Arkansas. They are BAD....and hey beat us.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I'm so glad that I am not the die hard fan that I was 15 years ago. I mean I still love my Rebels but I was miserable when CEO was finding inventive ways to lose. I can't help but wonder if Freeze knew he was leaving when he let half the staff go last year and replaced them with guys that had no big conference experience.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
Chucky_38
All American
All American

It's time for a house cleaning. Massive rebuild. This has to stop. Arky has won 4 straight vs us all while having worse teams. I'm so sick and disgusted. I don't even wanna think OM football till next September. This is pathetic.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Y'all notice how arkie wasn't kicking off deep. They were kicking to around the 5, LSU did the same thing. Guess they think our special teams suck. But their kickoffs weren't going in the end zone. LSU did the same thing.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
cajunrebel

I’m just glad that I did not see that game as I was coaching a soccer game. I’d much rather be with my kids than getting let down by OM all the time. I like Luke but he is not the answer. Time to hit the erase and reset buttons. I feel secure that after seeing the lowlights on CBS during the Gawga blowout, we are going in a different direction than Luke and Co. I will be in Oxford for Thanksgiving and there is no way in Hades that I will consider taking the kids down to Starkganistan for the slaughter. WAOM!!!!

I’ve watched HS teams here in Houston that could beat us.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:50 pm I just got home from the game. One of the ten most wretched games of my 50 years as a Rebel fan. Ta’Amu can be a real good QB in this league. Matt Luke will never be an even adequate football coach in any league. How many times can you let a team run the exact same play against you and get awa with it. How do you have your third string running back in a game late deep in your own territory and have him fumble a hand off for a gift TD. Arkansas’ coach is almost as bad. We absolutely could not stop their running backs and he is running pass plays and deep pitches on fourth down and short. Two abysmal coaching staffs on the field today. But one at least made adjustments. The other...not a clue!

That gift td was so bad, so awkward and so predictable that I felt somebody made money off it.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

3 gifts - 2 interceptions and a fumble exchange - accounted for 21 of those points.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:46 pm 3 gifts - 2 interceptions and a fumble exchange - accounted for 21 of those points.
This isn’t a time I can blame a player for anything. I swear these kids are not being prepared properly.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

When Ole Miss takes football seriously, I will attend another game. Right now, it is worse than a root canal or open heart surgery. No defense, no LB's, no coaching. Better have a coach picked now to take over this cluster mess.