Better Strike Fast!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Somehow UF fires McElwain before Butch Jones is fired at UT. I am thinking Jones is fired as soon as tomorrow. Obviously Florida was trying to jump to the front of the line to hire their next guy. If Mullen has a good relationship with Stricklin, he will be on their short list. There are conflicting reports about that. So that is UF, UT, for sure. Possibly A&M, State (if Mullen goes to UF), Arkansas (because big Bret can't play us every week). If Auburn collapses down the stretch, that is also a possible opening. These openings are just in the conference. There will be tons of others, Nebraska is open. Unless we do a great job of finding a diamond in the rough, we will be way down the pecking order on being able to hire a coach. Without probation, making $5 mil a year and living in Oxford without massive pressure isn't bad. But that is without probation. V Tech was really smart when they hired Fuente, they did it quick so bigger schools couldn't come in on him late. If we wait too long, we probably are not going to be happy with the selection.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Definitely not going to be a good year to be looking for a coach with all the big time potential openings. I'm also curious as to which of these big time schools will scoop up HDN now that he got his apology from Ole Miss. After all, wasn't that the only thing keeping him behind a desk...
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

We should hear about our sanctions within the next 2 weeks. Expect us to hit the ground running after that...preliminary groundwork already being done.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

It will be very interesting to see Mullen head to Florida which would open up another comparable job to us at State. If State lands a better coach than us....dear lord...
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Our officials think we're hear something next week. Some idiot journalist think it'll be after the egg bowl. If we get it next week, I feel good about the outcome. After egg, we're in big trouble. But we better have some names ready to try to hire as soon as coi releases it's decision. Also, on a side note, sure is a lot of rumors about state possibly being looked at by ncaa.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I will believe it when I see it. Lots of rumors that Mullen is headed to Florida, too. Again I will believe it when I see it.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The dogs are more afraid of mullen going to UT instead 9f Fla.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:59 am The dogs are more afraid of mullen going to UT instead 9f Fla.

I can see that