It's official...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:18 pm To sum up....6-6, losing at least 3 games you should have won, gets you a 150% raise.

Not bad for government work!
It wouldn’t have surprised me if vitter said let them eat cake
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I’m just glad we aren’t pulling a Tennessee. They made their choice now stick with it. If nothing else have the nads to try to make it work
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Before I type anything I’ll say this....i HOPE I have to eat crow on everything I say about this hire and that Luke becomes the most successful coach in Ole Miss history.

To me, this hire seems like they’ve given in to the NCAA. This administration let the big dog push them around for years and now it seems the response is that we’re not going to dump a load of money on a “big time” coach because our program is down. I hate this decision to no end and will not support it in anyway. I’ve given my fair share to this university and been through a lot of bad times. Our administration has let me down and until it proves it can make better decisions I’m done with football. Once again, prove me wrong Luke.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I believe we could possibly be entering the beginning of a very real split and dissolution of a base, many of whom are just fed up with horrible decision making by the university administration. I have been an Ole Miss Rebel since I saw Archie beat Alabama when I was nine years old. I graduated from here. I have had four kids graduate from here. I just counted and I have 41 different Ole Miss caps in my closets and 23 Ole Miss Shirts. My home is full of Ole Miss memorabilia. My pool house/man cave is wall to wall Ole Miss. and I have never felt less connected to this program than I do right now.

This administration needs to know that there are thousands out there just like me. This guy was deer in the headlights all season. Inferior Coaching lost the Cal game, the Arkansas game, the A&M game...and came d*** close to blowing a 31-13 Leaf against a crippled one dimensional MSU team.

I hope to God They at least don’t increase his salary.

Don’t forget LSU. He lost that one when he sent Shea back out in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:18 pm To sum up....6-6, losing at least 3 games you should have won, gets you a 150% raise.

A 150% raise would be 4,575,000 dollars for a total of approx 7.6 million dollars for a 6-6 season. I think ya might be off a little.
Forward Rebels!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I may be a little off but playing with numbers and guessing which wins can make a 6-6 season next year I came up with $600,000 a win or during those wins $150,000 a quarter. $0 for loses.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

beachbumreb wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:26 pm

A 150% raise would be 4,575,000 dollars for a total of approx 7.6 million dollars for a 6-6 season. I think ya might be off a little.
Actually, no. His current salary is $1.2 million. His new salary is $3 million. That is an increase of $1.8 million which is 150% of his current $1.2 million salary...so it is a 150% raise after a season in which he won 6 games.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Correct.
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:09 pm
beachbumreb wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Actually, no. His current salary is $1.2 million. His new salary is $3 million. That is an increase of $1.8 million which is 150% of his current $1.2 million salary...so it is a 150% raise after a season in which he won 6 games.
I thought you were talking about the stucture of his contract. Not the difference between interim and permanent. And again, in August, facing the specter of the ncaa hearing, with a state player serving as a witness for the prosecution, and our head coach leaving in disgrace bc of an asinine lawsuit and rosebowl seeing what everyone in administration "missed", 6-6 would have been considered a helluva season. I was figuring 4-8 Tbh. I think Luke had a pretty successful season all things considered.

Chuck, you have said the same stuff thru Orgeron, Nutt, Freeze, and now Luke. You complained about Boone, now Bjork. You complained about Dan, now Vitter. You complain during our good seasons, and our bad seasons. Thanks so much for your consistency. If I ever want to be depressed about our program, I just sign on and read your posts.
Forward Rebels!