NCAA ruling

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Was just told Ole Miss finds out tomorrow....anyone else hearing this?
Goroth

True story. Stay tuned.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Ole Miss ADMinistration will be informed at 830am...the rest of us at 900am....so goes what I've been reading,
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WTH kind of Christmas present is this?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rosebowl said in chat last night
25 schollies
2 year bowl ban
Show causes for all involved in NOA
A poster from TOS had access to chat. If true, another leak. One poster said Forde was given credit for information and another says no, only SR.

TOS means the other site. This was on scout, so it means it came from the rivals web site.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:34 am rosebowl said in chat last night
25 schollies
2 year bowl ban
Show causes for all involved in NOA
A poster from TOS had access to chat. If true, another leak. One poster said Forde was given credit for information and another says no, only SR.

TOS means the other site. This was on scout, so it means it came from the rivals web site.
sounds like rosebowl, NCAA and MSU are in collusion....JHMO
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ESPN Outside The Lines needs to do an expose on this whole sordid collusion and blow the NCAA up! Oh, I forgot...MarchMadness is their money cow!

This is so ridiculous and nobody cares!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Am I reading right?

-2year bowl ban
-13 total schollies(better than I thought)
-recruiting restrictions
-hugh Freeze gets show cause

That was the highlights I got from what I read...any other insight?
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

How does Nutt not get a show cause?
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

WildRebel wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:57 am Am I reading right?

-2year bowl ban
-13 total schollies(better than I thought)
-recruiting restrictions
-hugh Freeze gets show cause

That was the highlights I got from what I read...any other insight?
No show cause for Freeze. If he's hired as a head coach he is suspended for first 2 conference games. Other than that, he's free to do whatever.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Ole Miss inside legal team should be fired. If they are professors, then lose jobs. Ridiculous. The law school is a joke. The administration not doing what the legal firm that got Auburn off on the Cam Newton stuff was not retained because they said fight it. NOW YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS BY FOLLOWING THE ADMINISTRATION AND INSIDE LEGAL TEAM's ACTIONS.

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF EVERY TIME AT OLE MISS!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Exactly! Scruggs is out of jail now...get some credentialed suits as front men and let Dickie develop a plan to bring these bastards down.

And where the hell are the journalists on this? This is a helluva story a player accepts payment from a school and the NCAA uses him to go after that school's rival?

Come om man!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

The national sentiment is that Ole Miss cheated and deserves whatever punishment it gets. People don’t care about the actual violations, or the process used during the investigation. They want to see Ole Miss taken down because they think we deserve it. And no one else will care until their school is being investigated and then they will cry about the corruption of the NCAA.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

You all are spot on^^^^ 100%%
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

If there is one thing working in athletics for almost 20 years has taught me, is that you can't fight City Hall. The NCAA is a cartel. They hold all the cards. The ONLY thing that schools can do against them is to leave and join one of the other governing bodies, or create their own. That might get some attention. The first thing that would happen if Ole miss started filing suits is that the appeal would get put on the back burner and someone would "lose" the file for about 6 month. Dragging the appeal process out. Next, investigators would be back on campus investigating every dime going through the athletic department for the last 10 years. They could make things even worse if they felt the need and short of the SEC saying they were prepared to leave the NCAA, there wouldn't be much Ole Miss could do about it.

I say that to say this. Ole Miss needs to keep that defiant front, appeal the second year bowl ban and say "we fought the good fight", when the final decisions are made. One thing they will never take away from me is the feeling after we won the Sugar Bowl! While I will say that ole Miss did absolutely nothing that everyone else is doing, we are Ole Miss and beating Alabama was unacceptable by people with deep pockets and deeper influence. Win 6-8 games and take the scraps we throw you and all will be fine! Hell now im more *beep* off! lol
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan