Size of the baseball stadium when construction completed

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Here is a quote from Pete Boone fromi the expansion announcement on the Ole Miss Sports site: ""Last year, when you actually count tickets, we had over 9,000 people in the park during the regional games,” he said. “With this increase, I think we will be able to get at least 10,000 and possibly 11,000 people comfortably in the stands during a game.”

If we could put 11,000 in the stands when construction is completed, then how many could we put in the outlying areas? I know the Ole Miss Sports site states that the stands before construction held 3,500; therefore, I assume we were putting close to 5,500 in outlying areas for that 9,000 total. Now, the largest crowd in history according to that site was 11,000 for the Alabama game in 2005 I believe, which I guess means we put 7,500 in the outlying areas for that game.

I know that they have used somie of the vacant land formerly a part of the outlying areas for the new construction, but will we be able say to put as many as 5,000 in all outlying areas? If so, then add that to the figure Pete Boone gave of 10-11K capacity for the stands, and you come up with a total overall capacity of perhaps 16,000. Wow, what a monster attendance that would be if I am anywhere near correct in the numbers here. Anybody got a good feel for what the actual capacity will be after completion of construction?