Dan McDonnell to State?

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxfordrebel
All American
All American

This is message board fodder right now, but I've heard it a couple of times. Only on message boards and from people talking, nothing official from State at all.

Could State be considering Dan McDonnell or is it just State fan hope/Ole Miss fan paranoia?

I think he'd be a good choice at State and for that reason I sincerely hope he'll stay right were he's at in L-ville. But like I said, no clue if he's even on the list of possible Polk replacements.

What say y'all?
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I know that they would love to have him and I know that I'd hate for them to get him.

Very good coach, who can recruit and coach. With State's facilities, he'd have them doing well in a short amount of time. I hope it doesn't happen.
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

The CL had a story that said if they hire anyone other than the assistant Polk is wanting hired he said it will be without his blessing and he has made it clear that he is the only one state should hire. Tough spot for a new AD hire the one your legendary coach insists on or find someone on your own. If you go against the coach and it doesn't work out very very bad situation.
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com