USC series thoughts?

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxpatchreb
All American
All American

I'd be completely happy with getting just one game from USC this weekend. I'd like to get either Fri or Sat since we'll be facing their aces those days. If we get a game early in the series it'll force them (hopefully) to play some extra guys on Sun in an effort to get the series.

Also, with the 3 or 4 guys we have out with injuries, I think one game is all we really have a shot at getting. We are kind of sliding a little and they definitely playing solid ball right now. I'd absolutely LOVE to sneak the series from them on some late inning heroics after our pitching holds them down all day on Sun. Let's see what happens...... :nerv:
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I wouldn't be HAPPY with 1 game, but I also don't expect more than 1 win. Course I didn't expect more than 1 win against Vandy either and we got a sweep so anything can happen. But this one is on the road against a SC team that's very good.
GO REBELS!!!
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

oxpatchreb wrote:I'd be completely happy with getting just one game from USC this weekend. I'd like to get either Fri or Sat since we'll be facing their aces those days. If we get a game early in the series it'll force them (hopefully) to play some extra guys on Sun in an effort to get the series.

Also, with the 3 or 4 guys we have out with injuries, I think one game is all we really have a shot at getting. We are kind of sliding a little and they definitely playing solid ball right now. I'd absolutely LOVE to sneak the series from them on some late inning heroics after our pitching holds them down all day on Sun. Let's see what happens...... :nerv:

Looks like we will have to take two in a row. We are getting smoked 5-0 thru 5 right now.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

We lost 6-2. I got to see the last two innings via a website called channelsurfing.net which carries quite a few college baseball games. Just stumbled across this site today. Right now I'm watching USM lose to Tulane 4-1.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Good to see Ferguson and Basham doing well at the plate, but it doesn't bode well for the team when the #8 and #9 hitters are doing all the hitting.

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... ID=1443317