ASU updates...

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Meeting on the mound, don't know if they're taking Buk out yet or not.
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Jake Morgan in for Buk, get's the out, no more damage.

4-2 OM after 6 comp.
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

WHY IS EVERYONE SWINGING LIKE THEY'RE KEN GRIFFEY JR.!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!???!??!?!

Cheese and freakin' rice........
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

This is absolutely rediculous. I can't watch this anymore. I'm done.

I'll findout the news in the am.

4-2 OM after 7 1/2.
L. S. WHO?
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

oxpatchreb wrote:They are actually interviewing a girl from the womens bowling team who finished second in the national collegiate bowling tournament............. :?
If the play by play guys are communications majors they may want to consider changing disciplines. At this point the Rebels are playing like they think four will win it. Hope they're right...
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Arkansas State tied it in the bottom of th 7th with a two run shot over the wall. Okay Mike, give the guys a cup of coffee and see if you can roll 'em out of bed.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Jordan Henry gets a base hit with the bases loaded that scores 3 runs in the top of the 9th.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Ole Miss wins 9-4. The announcers were so bad for Arkansas State that I can't give you much other than the score. Biddle closed it out. I hate these crap-a$$ mid-week games.
Heath
All American
All American

Thanks again for the updates, gentlemen. I am at work and these computers will not get Gametracker. It's like they want us to WORK or something. :roll: :lol:
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Hey, a win is a win and A-State used to have our number pretty bad. They're about like Memphis or USM. They'll do what it takes to beat the Rebs. I'll take a 1 point win over the Indians and be just happy about it. Coach Kessinger(sp?) at A-State is always happy to beat his alma mater. :lol:

Time to get after some Hogs this weekend!!
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

oxfordrebel wrote:Hey, a win is a win and A-State used to have our number pretty bad. They're about like Memphis or USM. They'll do what it takes to beat the Rebs. I'll take a 1 point win over the Indians and be just happy about it. Coach Kessinger(sp?) at A-State is always happy to beat his alma mater. :lol:

Time to get after some Hogs this weekend!!
You're right, they are one team that seems to have our number. I'm glad for the win and happy to hear Henry get a hit when it counted. Hope he's burst out of his slump.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

felicianareb wrote:Ole Miss wins 9-4. The announcers were so bad for Arkansas State that I can't give you much other than the score. Biddle closed it out. I hate these crap-a$$ mid-week games.
You said it sir. Like I said earlier, I know they are students and all, but come on. If you can't find a couple of guys who can keep track of a stat or two and reliably report a pitch count...... grab a couple dudes from the crowd and rotate a fresh two in after every inning.

Holy lord!!!!!!!

On another note, I am definitely glad to see a win. Not crazy about the style (pitching domination early, low run total early, pitching change and they come back to tie it, we need another big late inning to close it out that if we don't get, I'm not sure we win) but a win is a win. And I agree that ASU has kind of figured us out. Maybe we can get something going from this point.

The Bama series was big IMO, but this series with Arky will tell us everything we need to know about where this team is going, I know captain obvious here. Just trying to induce discussion. A sweep and we're in the drivers seat for post season. 2-1 (won in convincing fashion) = nice, but 1-2 or lose the sweep and we're done for the season.
If the guys don't play hard and produce knowing their backs are against the wall this weekend, I don't even want to see them get creamed in post season play when there's even MORE pressure on them. Time to get your heads on straight boys.....

Come on Rebs, get this series!!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

oxpatchreb wrote:
felicianareb wrote:Ole Miss wins 9-4. The announcers were so bad for Arkansas State that I can't give you much other than the score. Biddle closed it out. I hate these crap-a$$ mid-week games.
You said it sir. Like I said earlier, I know they are students and all, but come on. If you can't find a couple of guys who can keep track of a stat or two and reliably report a pitch count...... grab a couple dudes from the crowd and rotate a fresh two in after every inning.

Holy lord!!!!!!!

On another note, I am definitely glad to see a win. Not crazy about the style (pitching domination early, low run total early, pitching change and they come back to tie it, we need another big late inning to close it out that if we don't get, I'm not sure we win) but a win is a win. And I agree that ASU has kind of figured us out. Maybe we can get something going from this point.

The Bama series was big IMO, but this series with Arky will tell us everything we need to know about where this team is going, I know captain obvious here. Just trying to induce discussion. A sweep and we're in the drivers seat for post season. 2-1 (won in convincing fashion) = nice, but 1-2 or lose the sweep and we're done for the season.
If the guys don't play hard and produce knowing their backs are against the wall this weekend, I don't even want to see them get creamed in post season play when there's even MORE pressure on them. Time to get your heads on straight boys.....

Come on Rebs, get this series!!!!!!!!
If Rebs get swept this weekend then I don't think there will even BE a post-season. Right now we're in the drivers seat of a really bad Western Division. If the SEC Tourney were to start today it'd be all 6 of the Eastern division teams, Ole Miss, and Bama. Get swept and suddenly your out of the SEC Tourney (unless something happens to Bama this weekend). No SEC Tourney I don't think you even get invited to the NCAAs or your one the road as a 3 seed somewhere against an Arizona State or Florida State or something like that.

The plain and simple truth is that we should have taken care of business early in the season and not been in this position. But we didn't. Now we have, IMO, the toughest remaining conference schedule in the SEC and staying in 1st or 2nd in the West (where you MUST stay to get invited to the SEC Tourney) is getting harder by the minute. It's time to man up, build on two mid-week wins, get a sweep over the Hogs, and create a little more breathing room this weekend.
GO REBELS!!!