Rebs-Hogs DH

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Thanks oxfordrebel. Boy! We wasted some offense in that game. How much of their bull pen did we use up? Or ours for that matter?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

We used 3 pitchers--Pomeranz, Morgan, and Cryer. They used 3 or 4 pitchers. Don't remember.

Didn't take the Hogs long to strike in game two. First batter goes yard. Satterwhite hung one. Hogs take a 1-0 lead, no outs in the 1st and a runner on 1st...
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Hogs load the bases and Satterwhite walks in a run. 2-0 Hogs with 2 down in the 1st, bases still loaded. Gonna be a long night for Cody...

Strike out ends the threat.

Middle of 1st:

Rebels 0
Hogs 2

I'm gonna step away for a little bit. Think I need to right now. I'll be back a little later in the game.
GO REBELS!!!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Satterwhite needs to face about 4 batters in the bull pen, before he ever hits the field. Even when he's good, he ain't no good until half way through the second inning.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

After 4 complete:

Rebels 0
Hogs 2
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Hogs got a solo shot to extend the lead to 3-0. Satterwhite eventually was chased. Bukvich came in and got a strikeout to finish the inning.

Middle of 5th:

Rebels 0
Hogs 3
GO REBELS!!!
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

3 run shot by the Hogs in the 6th. Then a solo. Who was the solo? Smalling. Dang!! Then a HBP. Bianco taking a walk to the mound. Bukvich is gone. McKean will come in. Buk went one inning.

I'm so done with this for today. IF we win this game then I'll miss the come back. Just not a good day or weekend for baseball. I'm as die-hard about Rebel baseball as the next guy. But I've had my fill for the day.

The game against Memphis that was rained out earlier this year will be played Tuesday on the campus on Memphis. Then Jackson State at home Wednesday.

Middle of the 6th:

Rebels 0
Hogs 7
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

The first game of the DH hurt. Pomeranz not having his stuff and then we claw back to tie it up and Cryer giving up 2 in extra innings. We crapped the bed yesterday as some would say.

Then we get blown out in the night cap 4-12. embarassing.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

We can't complain about the hitting this weekend. As soon as we got hitting, the pitching decided to crumble. Put on your climbing shoes. The hole just got a lot deeper :cry: :cry: :cry:
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I hate our short stop. That is all.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

We're still first in the West by 1 game. This time next week we'll be 3rd or worse. When we look up at the end of the season and see we're not invited to Hoover there will be a lot of things to point to, but this past weekend has to shine larger than most. We had a chance to push the lead out over the rest of the West and go into UGA knowing that a series loss or sweep wouldn't kill the season. Didn't get the job done. We may still be leading the West, but unless something happens, given our remaining schedule, this past weekend just shot post-season chances. I really hope I'm wrong and we grab a sweep of Auburn and two road series wins (UGA lost their series to UF this past weekend!) to clinch a spot in Hoover and the NCAAs, but my confidence is starting to weaken.
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

We lack leadership on this team. Our guys think they are good enough to just show up at the ballpark and win. They are not.

Someone, anyone, needs to step up and challenge each one of these guys to pick up their game. They are a very lackluster bunch.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

well, if your pitcher's aren't getting it done and your batters aren't getting it done, and...oh yeah....your fielders aren't getting it done...there are some problems in the coaching area that "aren't gettin' done".
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

oxfordrebel wrote:We're still first in the West by 1 game. This time next week we'll be 3rd or worse. When we look up at the end of the season and see we're not invited to Hoover there will be a lot of things to point to, but this past weekend has to shine larger than most. We had a chance to push the lead out over the rest of the West and go into UGA knowing that a series loss or sweep wouldn't kill the season. Didn't get the job done. We may still be leading the West, but unless something happens, given our remaining schedule, this past weekend just shot post-season chances. I really hope I'm wrong and we grab a sweep of Auburn and two road series wins (UGA lost their series to UF this past weekend!) to clinch a spot in Hoover and the NCAAs, but my confidence is starting to weaken.
Don't worry about it bro, I'll buy you a beer and before you know it, it'll be Football season. This team doesn't have it this year. That's plain to see. They don't have it mentally, and our coaches (as good as they are) don't know how to fix it. We're going to limp in to a regional and get drummed out in the first series. That's just the way it is. I wish to God that it wasn't, but I believe it's unavoidable.

If, by some unbelievable miracle of sports we do get hot, win the SEC and our regional and super and make it to Omaha and win the whole GD thing, I'll buy you that beer at Buffalo Joe's on 13th Street...... Then I'll kindly ask you to punch me square in the face, just to make sure it wasn't a dream. When I wake up, we'll order another round. 8)

Basically, I'm done. I'm just waiting for football now.
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

oxpatchreb wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:We're still first in the West by 1 game. This time next week we'll be 3rd or worse. When we look up at the end of the season and see we're not invited to Hoover there will be a lot of things to point to, but this past weekend has to shine larger than most. We had a chance to push the lead out over the rest of the West and go into UGA knowing that a series loss or sweep wouldn't kill the season. Didn't get the job done. We may still be leading the West, but unless something happens, given our remaining schedule, this past weekend just shot post-season chances. I really hope I'm wrong and we grab a sweep of Auburn and two road series wins (UGA lost their series to UF this past weekend!) to clinch a spot in Hoover and the NCAAs, but my confidence is starting to weaken.
Don't worry about it bro, I'll buy you a beer and before you know it, it'll be Football season. This team doesn't have it this year. That's plain to see. They don't have it mentally, and our coaches (as good as they are) don't know how to fix it. We're going to limp in to a regional and get drummed out in the first series. That's just the way it is. I wish to God that it wasn't, but I believe it's unavoidable.

If, by some unbelievable miracle of sports we do get hot, win the SEC and our regional and super and make it to Omaha and win the whole GD thing, I'll buy you that beer at Buffalo Joe's on 13th Street...... Then I'll kindly ask you to punch me square in the face, just to make sure it wasn't a dream. When I wake up, we'll order another round. 8)

Basically, I'm done. I'm just waiting for football now.
I'm not sure but that 10 inning comeback bid in the first game Saturday felt like one of those "defining moment" games. It reminds me of the 7 OT football loss to Arkansas years back. The Hogs had an incredibly war, held off the Rebels, and that's got to be a huge confidence boost. Then on the other side you do all that you can and fall just short. That's a just a morale shot there.

I haven't lost hope, but I am losing confidence (is that possible?). We play at Memphis tomorrow night then at home against Jackson State on Wednesday. JSU is leading their conference so they're not going to be a push over. Let's get behind these guys and cheer them on to the end of the season, whenever that might be.
GO REBELS!!!