Sean Stuyverson is so freaking bad!
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Was there...and while it was fun, it sure was depressing
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Why are we so bad in the field? One of our infielders seems to boot at least one ball a game. Stuyverson has 12 errors this year??? And he's our SS. That position is usually your best infielder and he makes way too many errors.

I played summer ball for former Ole Miss baseball and basketball great Joe Gibbon and he said that an infielder should make no more than 3 errors every 20 games. We've played around 50 games and he already has 12 errors. That's just too inconsistent.
downshall
Water Boy
Water Boy

I made an early season comment about our defense and was roundly chastised saying it wasn't that bad. It was obvious from the start of the season that our defense was not what it was in past years.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Redbluedude wrote:Why are we so bad in the field? One of our infielders seems to boot at least one ball a game. Stuyverson has 12 errors this year??? And he's our SS. That position is usually your best infielder and he makes way too many errors.

I played summer ball for former Ole Miss baseball and basketball great Joe Gibbon and he said that an infielder should make no more than 3 errors every 20 games. We've played around 50 games and he already has 12 errors. That's just too inconsistent.
I agree. I would make the "youth" argument, but he's a JUCO player and even if he were a Fr. that's still too many. I wish it weren't so because I think he has potential at the plate, but he won't see much more PT if he keeps fielding like this. Why not play Ferguson there?

Wish Button was well again. Has anyone heard anything about him or his status lately?
GO REBELS!!!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Redbluedude wrote:Why are we so bad in the field? One of our infielders seems to boot at least one ball a game. Stuyverson has 12 errors this year??? And he's our SS. That position is usually your best infielder and he makes way too many errors.

No, he's consistent alright....... consistently BAD!!!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Button and his backwill have him sidelined for the rest of the season.

Fergie has had injury problems as well, but I believe he's healed now.

And Stuyverson has his 12 errors in 21 starts!
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

He also has the same amount of hits and strike outs.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

MtownRebel wrote:Button and his backwill have him sidelined for the rest of the season.

Fergie has had injury problems as well, but I believe he's healed now.

And Stuyverson has his 12 errors in 21 starts!
Had not heard or read an update on Button in a while. Hate to hear it. Thanks!
GO REBELS!!!