UGA Game 3

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

R.I.P. Where do I send the flowers? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

felicianareb wrote:R.I.P. Where do I send the flowers? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

That bad? I'm to lazy to move from the computer and cut the radio on.
Heath
All American
All American

I'm thinking that maybe Bianco should consider Buk again in that Sunday starting role. I'm sorry, but Cody is just not getting it done this year. Maybe Cody could be moved to a set-up man for Bittle. Just a thought.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

For the second week in a row the long ball killed us. Okay, so maybe it was more than just the homers, but that did hurt us.

Right at this moment, if the SEC Tourney started tomorrow, we'd be in the tourney somewhere in the top 6. To lazy to figure it out exactly. I think we'd actually be the #6 seed.

No more slipping. We're still tied with Bama for the SEC West lead (they lost today as well). Need a sweep against Auburn at home next weekend. I doubt we get the sweep, but I think a win is possible. Got to take care of business.
GO REBELS!!!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

As a Baseball fanatic, I tend to not post here, but I wanna cuss a great deal here.

What has happened to this team?

I like what Bianco has done in his time at Ole Miss, but, c'mon, we keep doing the same things every year. I am tired, just tired of my beloved alma mater losing.

Could there be a chance that a-la Basketball, a-la Football, etc, a change should be made?

Does there need to be a complete over-haul of Ole Miss athletics?

Maybe bring in Kessinger? I dunno.

This year dissappoints me greatly. Pre-Season we were fourth, and now??
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

We were one error away from winning this weekend's series in spite of ourselves. But it's just been that way too much this year. We could all go on and on about it. Regardless of the potential we're just not good enough. The expectations have made this season extremely painful. :cry:
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

felicianareb wrote:We were one error away from winning this series in spite of ourselves. But it's just been that way too much this year. We could all go on and on about it. Regardless of the potential we're just not good enough. The expectations have made this season extremely painful. :cry:
The talent level suggests no less than Omaha, but we won't get there. That is disgusting. Period.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

OMNOB wrote:As a Baseball fanatic, I tend to not post here, but I wanna cuss a great deal here.

What has happened to this team?

I like what Bianco has done in his time at Ole Miss, but, c'mon, we keep doing the same things every year. I am tired, just tired of my beloved alma mater losing.

Could there be a chance that a-la Basketball, a-la Football, etc, a change should be made?

Does there need to be a complete over-haul of Ole Miss athletics?

Maybe bring in Kessinger? I dunno.

This year dissappoints me greatly. Pre-Season we were fourth, and now??
No, I think Bianco is the coach to lead the team and I don't think a chance should even be thought of at this point. EVERY coach has a down year. The fact that we've gone so long without one is a victory in itself and I think most of us were waiting for the shoe to drop some time or another. The fact that it was this year with so much potential and talent is upsetting, but I really think we can look back on some key moments in this season and see where we could have the entire SEC wrapped up right now. Still for a down year, I'd say we've done pretty well all things considered. We didn't self-destruct like State did this year or LSU did year before last in their rebuilding years. We're still in the chase for Hoover and therefore an invitation to a Regional (even if we won't host, but look at State last year).

That said, I do wonder if perhaps a pitching coach should be brought on board for next season...
GO REBELS!!!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Pitching coach is a great idea.

While I agree with the expectations that this year is disappointing, we are actually only 1 game (I believe) off of last year's pace( 07:32-18, 13-11; 08: 31-19, 12-12). Unfortunately, several of our losses have come against far inferior opponents, which has caused our RPI to plummet.
The biggest and most telling difference (and disappointment) IMHO hasn't been the offense or the pitching, but the defense. This has been mentioned before, but we are nowhere near as fundamentally sound at any position, especially the infield, as we have been every year since Bianco came. Big stat: SS's (Button, Sty, and Ferg) combined FLD % is only .899.
I am still cautiously optimistic that we will see this team play to its potential over the next month, but at the same time, I am not holding my breath.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

olemsdave76 wrote:Pitching coach is a great idea.

While I agree with the expectations that this year is disappointing, we are actually only 1 game (I believe) off of last year's pace( 07:32-18, 13-11; 08: 31-19, 12-12). Unfortunately, several of our losses have come against far inferior opponents, which has caused our RPI to plummet.
The biggest and most telling difference (and disappointment) IMHO hasn't been the offense or the pitching, but the defense. This has been mentioned before, but we are nowhere near as fundamentally sound at any position, especially the infield, as we have been every year since Bianco came. Big stat: SS's (Button, Sty, and Ferg) combined FLD % is only .899.
I am still cautiously optimistic that we will see this team play to its potential over the next month, but at the same time, I am not holding my breath.
I agree. One of the trademarks of a Bianco-led team is a high FLD %. This is rare indeed. However, I would wager to guess that we have still turned as many if not more DPs to this point this season as we did last year. I'm too lazy to go look it up right at the moment, but just a guess.
GO REBELS!!!