Auburn Game Two

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Anybody need OM baseball updates? I'm not going to post them if no one needs them. After one Auburn up 1-0.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

felicianareb wrote:Anybody need OM baseball updates? I'm not going to post them if no one needs them. After one Auburn up 1-0.
yep, depressing
9 - 0 Aub bottom of 4
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

bleuwolfe wrote:
felicianareb wrote:Anybody need OM baseball updates? I'm not going to post them if no one needs them. After one Auburn up 1-0.
yep, depressing
9 - 0 Aub bottom of 4
Not exactly the effort needed to make it to the SEC tourney. This is the most blase' Rebel team in recent memory. We were horribly fortunate to win last night. Absolutely nothing seems to ignite this team... Today errors, errors, errors on defense and not a hit on offense. Once again, we're either horribly overrated, or we just don't give a d***. Auburn has obviously not had a problem getting back up off the floor after last night's heartbreaking loss... Now 11-0 after 5 1/2.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

felicianareb wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:
yep, depressing
9 - 0 Aub bottom of 4
Not exactly the effort needed to make it to the SEC tourney. This is the most blase' Rebel team in recent memory. We were horribly fortunate to win last night. Absolutely nothing seems to ignite this team... Today errors, errors, errors on defense and not a hit on offense. Once again, we're either horribly overrated, or we just don't give a d***. Auburn has obviously not had a problem getting back up off the floor after last night's heartbreaking loss... Now 11-0 after 5 1/2.
I don't care to turn on Bianco, but really....

But with all that Kessinger has done, don't we have to give a look??
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

OMNOB wrote:
felicianareb wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote: yep, depressing
9 - 0 Aub bottom of 4

Although the buck stops with Bianco, I am certainly not turning on him. Far from it. I'm sure that no one is more frustrated than he is. Whatever is wrong with this team apparently couldn't be fixed this year. The balloon has deflated in a very slow and agonizing manner.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

felicianareb wrote:
OMNOB wrote:
felicianareb wrote:Not exactly the effort needed to make it to the SEC tourney. This is the most blase' Rebel team in recent memory. We were horribly fortunate to win last night. Absolutely nothing seems to ignite this team... Today errors, errors, errors on defense and not a hit on offense. Once again, we're either horribly overrated, or we just don't give a d***. Auburn has obviously not had a problem getting back up off the floor after last night's heartbreaking loss... Now 11-0 after 5 1/2.

Although the buck stops with Bianco, I am certainly not turning on him. Far from it. I'm sure that no one is more frustrated than he is. Whatever is wrong with this team apparently couldn't be fixed this year. The balloon has deflated in a very slow and agonizing manner.
Agreed. EVERY team and EVERY coach goes through a down year. Considering that we're still in the hunt and we're calling this year a down year speaks VOLUMES to the work Bianco has put into this program and how far it has come over the past few years.

Look at Polk down the road. I don't think any of us would question the fact that he's a heck of a coach, but his team is stinking it up big time this year. Yet they're only 1 year removed from a CWS appearance. This is just how sports go. We all know it. Bianco is the coach to take us all the way. Sure, you can ask "why hasn't he done it yet with all the talent", but I think he's had some things happen beyond his control other years that have kept us out. We had a CWS runner-up team in 05. Too bad the real final match-up came in the SRs. And Texas said as much after that season was over. This year's team never came together. The chemistry was never there and the inconsistency killed us.

But no matter what happens this season, there's still one thing to hang the hat on. We swept Vanderbilt. That's an accomplishment and something to take away from this season. We had some great games such as the one against Auburn Friday night and the Friday night game against Florida where the game ended in dramatic fashion. Those are the highlights so far to take away from this season and we're not done yet! Baseball plays a playoff, so we still have a chance as long as we can make it into the dance.
GO REBELS!!!
done

OMNOB wrote: I don't care to turn on Bianco, but really....

I am not a big baseball guy, but I would think it would be crazy to even consider a coaching change in baseball, given what this coach has done for the program.

Shoot that would be like firing a head football coach one year removed from the best season in 40 years and replacing him with a position coach who had never even been a coordinator. We would never do something that crazy 8)
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

OMNOB wrote:
felicianareb wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote: yep, depressing
9 - 0 Aub bottom of 4

Now, that said what I said before. When/If the time comes to look at baseball coaches, Kessinger is one name on my long list. Not sure if he'd make the short list, but he'd definitely be on the long list if I were the AD and he'd definitely get a serious interview. McDonnell too. Those are the first two off the top of my head.
GO REBELS!!!