Tourney Time is Do or Die Time

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

This is supposedly what this team was built for, some time to put up. It has to start this week. An 0-fer at the SEC tourney will more than likely keep us out of the NCAA.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

olemsdave76 wrote:This is supposedly what this team was built for, some time to put up. It has to start this week. An 0-fer at the SEC tourney will more than likely keep us out of the NCAA.
I do not know what to think of this year but I do know that at this point I do not have any fear. I think that Ole Miss has just as good a chance as winning the SEC as anyone. If this were a normal scenario and we came in rank 8 against the 1 team I would not expect to win. However, I really think we badly underperformed this year and that we are way better than our record. We are a top ten team that played about as badly as we could all year long. But right now with the talent on the roster we can play with anyone if we shake off the funk from the regular season. It is post season time and every starts off 0-0 right now. If we knock of UGA we get the benefit of having the number 1 seed draw for the rest of the tourny.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

rebeloke wrote:
olemsdave76 wrote:This is supposedly what this team was built for, some time to put up. It has to start this week. An 0-fer at the SEC tourney will more than likely keep us out of the NCAA.
I do not know what to think of this year but I do know that at this point I do not have any fear. I think that Ole Miss has just as good a chance as winning the SEC as anyone. If this were a normal scenario and we came in rank 8 against the 1 team I would not expect to win. However, I really think we badly underperformed this year and that we are way better than our record. We are a top ten team that played about as badly as we could all year long. But right now with the talent on the roster we can play with anyone if we shake off the funk from the regular season. It is post season time and every starts off 0-0 right now. If we knock of UGA we get the benefit of having the number 1 seed draw for the rest of the tourny.
I agree. I think we have a chance. I'm not EXPECTING an upset, but it won't shock me either.

At least we won't be up until 1:30 Thursday morning listening to the end of this year's game like we have been the last two or three years. :P

As far as getting into the NCAAs, I think making the field of 8 for Hoover was about 3/4 of the battle. Now I really think 1 win will at least get us into the NCAAs as a 2 or 3 seed somewhere. 3 years ago I NEVER would have said that, but Ole Miss is a 3-year running SR team. I think "name" will get us in with just 1 win in Alabama. Possibly even going 0-fer. The NCAA knows how big a draw Ole Miss is and how well our fans travel (considering it's baseball, our fans travel well). Shoot, if they could justify it, I think the NCAA would give Ole Miss a Regional again this year. We consistently have one of the top attendance figures in the nation at our Regionals.

But I digress. I think we're just about in the NCAAs. Making the SEC Tourney was the big step we needed. I think the rest is just a waiting game till next Monday. Winning a game or two in Hoover will certainly help the cause.
GO REBELS!!!
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

oxfordrebel wrote:
rebeloke wrote:
I agree. I think we have a chance. I'm not EXPECTING an upset, but it won't shock me either.

At least we won't be up until 1:30 Thursday morning listening to the end of this year's game like we have been the last two or three years. :P

As far as getting into the NCAAs, I think making the field of 8 for Hoover was about 3/4 of the battle. Now I really think 1 win will at least get us into the NCAAs as a 2 or 3 seed somewhere. 3 years ago I NEVER would have said that, but Ole Miss is a 3-year running SR team. I think "name" will get us in with just 1 win in Alabama. Possibly even going 0-fer. The NCAA knows how big a draw Ole Miss is and how well our fans travel (considering it's baseball, our fans travel well). Shoot, if they could justify it, I think the NCAA would give Ole Miss a Regional again this year. We consistently have one of the top attendance figures in the nation at our Regionals.

But I digress. I think we're just about in the NCAAs. Making the SEC Tourney was the big step we needed. I think the rest is just a waiting game till next Monday. Winning a game or two in Hoover will certainly help the cause.
That is tough one... but you are probably right about winning at least one game. Even if we lose to UGA we will have another chance to go on and win one more and that will most likely happen...