Bittle Wins Ferris Award

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

As the top college baseball player.

Congrats to Scott Bittle! Talk about a turnaround from last year. WOW!!!

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... ID=1472528
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Congrats to Scott!!

Very well deserved. His breaking stuff is just so nasty! You're not going to catch it. Basham gets a good workout behind the plate when Bittles on the mound too. Just about every pitch is blocked up out of the dirt. What the batters see to go after is just beyond me.
GO REBELS!!!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Congrats to Scott!

Safe to say hes the best thing about this season, so far. Hope he gets the chance to show his stuff in Hoover.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Way to go SB. You have most certainly earned it!!! Now, let's see if your example can be followed by our bats and defense. Come on ladies, time to see what's under those skirts.
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

It's a shame that he'll more than likely be gone after this season. I mean, he could stay, but he'll be a VERY high draft pick in all probability.
GO REBELS!!!
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I say the chances of him returning are about as good as Cutcliffe's chances at turning Duke into a winner.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

MtownRebel wrote:I say the chances of him returning are about as good as Cutcliffe's chances at turning Duke into a winner.
Our chances at getting Bittle back next year are worse than that. I think Cut will do something at Duke. I mean, it IS the ACC and he is a decent coach, even if he is a bit too conservative on play calling. If he's got good assistants and an over-achieving QB there's no reason he couldn't be bowl bound in a couple of years which would be considered turning Duke into a winner. But that's a discussion for another board.
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

oxfordrebel wrote:
MtownRebel wrote:I say the chances of him returning are about as good as Cutcliffe's chances at turning Duke into a winner.
Our chances at getting Bittle back next year are worse than that. I think Cut will do something at Duke. I mean, it IS the ACC and he is a decent coach, even if he is a bit too conservative on play calling. If he's got good assistants and an over-achieving QB there's no reason he couldn't be bowl bound in a couple of years which would be considered turning Duke into a winner. But that's a discussion for another board.
He's put a good staff together. He's got some of the fellas who were with him at Ole Miss in the beginning. He's got Ron Middleton and Mike McIntyre. After McIntyre left for the pros, that's when we saw a big fall off in our recruiting. He may end up doing ok at Duke.
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

Redbluedude wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:
He's put a good staff together. He's got some of the fellas who were with him at Ole Miss in the beginning. He's got Ron Middleton and Mike McIntyre. After McIntyre left for the pros, that's when we saw a big fall off in our recruiting. He may end up doing ok at Duke.
When a kid thinks of playing football he does not and will never think of playing at Duke. We have the same type of problem trying to recruit kids. We don't win and the kids want to play for a winner. Cut and company might be able to sell a pipe dream to some but in the end Duke will probably never be a winner in football. They have won 4 games in 5 years so Cut and Co have their work cut out for them. If they win 3 or 4 this year it will be a big improvement but when you beat James Madison, Navy and North Carolina who the heck cares?

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

RebelBond wrote:
Redbluedude wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote: Our chances at getting Bittle back next year are worse than that. I think Cut will do something at Duke. I mean, it IS the ACC and he is a decent coach, even if he is a bit too conservative on play calling. If he's got good assistants and an over-achieving QB there's no reason he couldn't be bowl bound in a couple of years which would be considered turning Duke into a winner. But that's a discussion for another board.
When a kid thinks of playing football he does not and will never think of playing at Duke. We have the same type of problem trying to recruit kids. We don't win and the kids want to play for a winner. Cut and company might be able to sell a pipe dream to some but in the end Duke will probably never be a winner in football. They have won 4 games in 5 years so Cut and Co have their work cut out for them. If they win 3 or 4 this year it will be a big improvement but when you beat James Madison, Navy and North Carolina who the heck cares?

RebelBond
I didn't say he'd put Duke in the Orange Bowl. All I said was that I think he'll go bowling. It's a very weak conference right now (weakest of the BCS conferences right now, IMHO) and all he has to do is win 6 games. Not hard when you schedule 1 DI-AA and a bunch of Sunbelt/MAC teams as your OOC. Then you have NC, NC State, Wake, Maryland, and, lately, Miami all beatable. Course they are playing in the tougher of the two divisions, but I still think they could win 6 games. Maybe not this year, but within about 3 years. He'll sell some hot-shot, under the radar QB on the "Manning Dream" and have him slinging it around. Since it's Duke it's perfect to catch teams over-looking them and get the upsets.
GO REBELS!!!