My take on UGA game 1

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Heath
All American
All American

Well, I was there at Foley Field tonight. That was an absolute masterful performance by Pomeranz. He was still throwing 92 mph in the 9th inning (although he only pitched to one batter in the 9th). He had 16 K's and really only gave up 2 hits all night (Matt Smith should have caught the first hit; it was an E in my book). It was a good thing for Pom because there were numerous scouts there to watch. He earned a few more bucks tonight.

UGA's pitcher did a good job too, but I was thinking it was just a matter of time before the Rebs started getting hits. The Rebs were hitting him hard all night, they were just hitting them right the Georgia players. UGA has a nice little stadium, but it's no OU staium. The fans there don't get into the game like they do in Oxford.

But, after the game, my friend and I met and ate with the parents of Miles Hamblin. Their older son, Danny Hamblin, played at Arkansas a few years ago. They were very nice people and we had a great time sitting and talking with them. They gave us some insights on what it is really like being a D1 college baseball player. They also said that Trent Rothlin's father is on the pit crew of Kyle Busch (a NASCAR driver). He is the "gas" man for Busch's team. (I found that interesting)

So, we had a great time and looking for the game on Saturday.