Chanticleer Classic

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Game 1 on the weekend is underway in Conway, SC against Ball State. Rebels are down 2-1 in the 3rd inning.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs now up 7-2 after 5. Dishon and Bortles both went deep earlier. Bats have come alive today, we have 9 hits so far.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Still 7-2 in bottom of 7th.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Final 7-3. Rebs play Coastal Carolina tomorrow at 2.
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Cincinnati beat Coastal in the nightcap 10=7. It was Cincinnati's first win of the year. Both teams used multiple pitchers. The Bearcats and Ball State play a double hitter sandwiched around our game with the Chanticleers tomorrow. We have only used two pitchers so far.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs up 3-0 on #18 Coastal carolina after the top of the 1st. Got helped out by a couple of errors, but also had a couple of hits in the inning. Hopefully Smith will have it today and the defense will have his back.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs up 4-1 after 4.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs take down Coastal Carolina 8-2. Had 11 hits on the day. Got Cincinnati tomorrow to finish out the weekend.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

7-0 Rebs over Cincy in the 7th of Game 3
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The last couple of games the hitting seems to be coming around. If that continues, we're gonna be tough to beat.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:The last couple of games the hitting seems to be coming around. If that continues, we're gonna be tough to beat.
No doubt. The pitching has been phenomenal so far. The pitching staff as a whole posted a 1.33 ERA on the weekend. I know the competition will drastically improve as the year goes on, but if the pitching keeps it up all you need is decent hitting to win a lot o games.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I still think this team has a chance to go to Omaha--certainly host a regional and SR. Again, it's worth noting that we do not have to play Vandy and Florida during the regular season. That will make our path to a regular season title easier. We should go into the Tennessee series (SEC opener) with 17 wins. We could lose a game to the weather this week, however. We are also #13 in all polls, poised to move into the Top Ten and stay there.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Titles 'R Us wrote:I still think this team has a chance to go to Omaha--certainly host a regional and SR. Again, it's worth noting that we do not have to play Vandy and Florida during the regular season. That will make our path to a regular season title easier. We should go into the Tennessee series (SEC opener) with 17 wins. We could lose a game to the weather this week, however. We are also #13 in all polls, poised to move into the Top Ten and stay there.
I like your optimism about this team, and I agree on most points. It would be nice to go into conference play at 17-1, but will also be extremely difficult. I don't much about SEMO or Grambling, but to get to 17 before UT means reeling off another 7 wins in a row. We are currently on a 5 game win streak. It's hard to win 12 in a row in any sport, and baseball can go any direction on any given day. We certainly are better than all the teams on the schedule, and we should beat them, buy hey, it's baseball.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Here's some info for you about the three teams we face today through next Wednesday before the Tennessee series:

Southeast Missouri State--RP1 of 177, record 6-5. Record against teams in the 101-200 range is 2-2. No wins against Top 50.

Grambling--RPI of 283, record 4-6. Record against teams in the 101-200 range is 0-3. No wins against Top 50.

UAB--RPI of 152, record 6-6. Record against teams in the 101-200 range is 5-4. No wins against Top 50.

Our current RPI is 11, and we are 10-1. I think it is much more likely that we lose a game during this stretch to the weather.