Rebs Go 4-1 in 5-Game Road Trip

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We were an error or so away from sweeping UT, but we took care of business mid-week and in Knoxville, taking the backend of the series. We still have a Top Five RPI. Showdown next weekend with South Carolina, which also has a Top Five RPI. Typical SEC schedule. We should win the midweek game against UT-Martin and be 20-2 for next weekend's elite matchup. We are also 7-2 against Top 50 RPI teams. We are already building a strong resume.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

This team continues to impress. Errors still causing issues in the field, but they showed a lot of toughness this week. Time to build on it with another strong week.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

[quote="Titles 'R Us"]We were an error or so away from sweeping UT, but we took care of business mid-week and in Knoxville, taking the backend of the series. We still have a Top Five RPI. Showdown next weekend with South Carolina, which also has a Top Five RPI. Typical SEC schedule. We should win the midweek game against UT-Martin and be 20-2 for next weekend's elite matchup. We are also 7-2 against Top 50 RPI teams. We are already building a strong resume.[/quote

Shhh, never speak of mid week games.....Never.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote: Shhh, never speak of mid week games.....Never.
Those MW Games don't seem to bother this team. Undefeated so far. The difference, I think, is the pitching depth. If somebody's not filling up the zone, there are plenty of others to sub. I don't see us losing many of those games this year.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:
Those MW Games don't seem to bother this team. Undefeated so far. The difference, I think, is the pitching depth. If somebody's not filling up the zone, there are plenty of others to sub. I don't see us losing many of those games this year.
I said going into the season we had the pitching to have a really good year. I didn't expect the hitting to be as good as it's been. But also didn"t think our fielding would be so bad. U are right, they do whatever it takes to win. We have won some games where if u look at the stats, u would never thought we'd win. But a win is a win is a win.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:
Titles 'R Us wrote:
I said going into the season we had the pitching to have a really good year. I didn't expect the hitting to be as good as it's been. But also didn"t think our fielding would be so bad. U are right, they do whatever it takes to win. We have won some games where if u look at the stats, u would never thought we'd win. But a win is a win is a win.

Great job so far. I thought this team would be run of the mill, middle of the road.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote: Great job so far. I thought this team would be run of the mill, middle of the road.
Chase on Rivals had been hinting that folks around the program were becoming very confident with what they had this year during fall ball. You never know what that means exactly, but man it's looked great so far.

Gotta clean up the errors, and soon. But, we didn't play well and took a road conference series. So I'll take it.
Some Random Dude