South Carolina

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Some of you guys jump ship quick. South Carolina's RPI, which was #2 before our series, is now #1. Florida lost 2 of 3 to Kentucky. Think they still aren't a good team? We've played two series. Eight more to go. Bianco is juggling the lineup to get Fitzsimmons in it and put Lartique where he'll do the most good. My take is that he knows we need to get better soon. I'm not sure I'd say that State is a better team than we are. They have some good pitching, but so do we. Right now, South Carolina is the #1 team in the SEC, and they could stay that way. This is the SEC. I just don't get jumping ship after a really good team outpitches and outhits us. I'm in it for the long haul. We still have a #10 RPI, and a #14 SOS.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Titles 'R Us wrote:Some of you guys jump ship quick. South Carolina's RPI, which was #2 before our series, is now #1. Florida lost 2 of 3 to Kentucky. Think they still aren't a good team? We've played two series. Eight more to go. Bianco is juggling the lineup to get Fitzsimmons in it and put Lartique where he'll do the most good. My take is that he knows we need to get better soon. I'm not sure I'd say that State is a better team than we are. They have some good pitching, but so do we. Right now, South Carolina is the #1 team in the SEC, and they could stay that way. This is the SEC. I just don't get jumping ship after a really good team outpitches and outhits us. I'm in it for the long haul. We still have a #10 RPI, and a #14 SOS.
Agree 100%. State is a good team, but their pitching is basically limited to their first 2 starters. Their bullpen has not been nearly as good as ours so far. If we can get to them early and chase the starter, we have a chance to win the series. It'll be a tough environment to play in, but we've gone down there and won before.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

jrebel87 wrote: Oh I praised us when we were winning , go check past game threads for proof .
Nope you didn't. Your only posts in this forum this season has been in this thread and the one you started about us "getting creamed". Yeah we struggled this weekend. But, it's the ONLY weekend we've struggled and it just so happened to be against what could very well be the best team in the nation. If you're ready to throw in the towel after one bad weekend, then you probably shouldn't watch baseball...ever. Florida dropped 2 this past weekend, and LSU has lost both of its 2 SEC series already. It's a long season. We have plenty of time to get things back on track.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:
jrebel87 wrote: Oh I praised us when we were winning , go check past game threads for proof .
Nope you didn't. Your only posts in this forum this season has been in this thread and the one you started about us "getting creamed". Yeah we struggled this weekend. But, it's the ONLY weekend we've struggled and it just so happened to be against what could very well be the best team in the nation. If you're ready to throw in the towel after one bad weekend, then you probably shouldn't watch baseball...ever. Florida dropped 2 this past weekend, and LSU has lost both of its 2 SEC series already. It's a long season. We have plenty of time to get things back on track.
If our bats don't start producing, we'll be on the road come regionals. We were lucky to win the Louisville series. We had a .197 batting average that series. Their #1 starter probably had his worst game in 2 years. He gave up 5 walks in 1 inning. Check out what he's done since. Tiger high out hit us 11-5, yet we won. Been saying the baseball gods have been smiling on us with the way we've won several games this year. And a win is a win is a win. Doubt we can keep winning games like we have. Also, our defense is defensive. Last year, in 29 conference games, we made 32 errors. So far this year, in 6 conference games, we have 11 errors. I thought around 500 league play at start of season, and I still think that.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food