South Carolina

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs drop game 1 to SC 5-1. We hit the ball well, but left 10 runners on base. Just couldn't get the timely hit or the big hit. I think all our hits were singles. Bramlett struggled in the 1st and only lasted 4 and a third. Hopefully we'll come back and take the last 2 like we did last weekend.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Bramlett did struggle, uncharacteristically. But even if he hadn't and sat them down in the first inning, I think they would have won. They just hit the ball better and pitched better. They took the first game against Clemson, but then lost the back end. We need to do the same. We had no errors and hit the ball well. They just didn't allow us to string anything together. I do think they may be back to where they were under Tanner, being a contender. But I think we are, too.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Game 2, we're up 2-1 after 2 complete.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

3-2 SC after 3.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

We look straight up pathetic against these guys . We look horrible right now and look on the verge of being swept
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

We're actually on the verge of dropping the series. Tomorrow is a new day.

Haven't hit the ball against 2 very good pitchers.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Well, scored 2 in the first and 3 in the 9th. But we gave a lot more in between. SC's hitters are like a swarm of gnats. You keep swatting them but they won't go away.

Also, I'd like to point out that we just dropped a series to a top 10 team...not the end of the world and certainly not the end of the season. There's a lot of baseball left. We definitely need to avoid getting swept at home, and we can even this out if we can take 2 from MSU next weekend on the farm.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Agreed. Still think we have a good team but South Carolina was better this weekend. They seized momentum and never let let up both games. Was good to see bats come alive at the end though. Lot of baseball left to improve.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sorry but we are definitely not a good team . South Carolina is better but we should have at least won one game . We didn't just lose , we got smashed in all 3 games. Next week we play a state team that's much better than us as well and we will most certainly lose that series in Starkville . You can't call a team that will start off conference play 2-7 or 3-6 a good team . We suck dude.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

And I know that the third game is still going on but let's be real , we're down and not coming back because we suck .
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

you always say this every time ole miss loses no matter what sport so honestly don't expect much else from you. Funny how u show up only to post when we lose. I think the SECrant is missing you.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Yet you offer not a single rebuttal of anything I said . It's because you can't and I'm right . Oh I praised us when we were winning , go check past game threads for proof . 2-4 and a sweep proves I'm right . I'm waiting on your proof on why we're really a good team but just slipped up in 27 innings of play . I'll hang up and listen
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Horrible weekend! No better time to right the ship, Mempho and State comin up!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

jrebel87 wrote:Yet you offer not a single rebuttal of anything I said . It's because you can't and I'm right . Oh I praised us when we were winning , go check past game threads for proof . 2-4 and a sweep proves I'm right . I'm waiting on your proof on why we're really a good team but just slipped up in 27 innings of play . I'll hang up and listen
No need for a rebuttal. I've said my opinion and you are welcome to yours. We'll both agree it was a bad weekend but the reason is different for us.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Cal Ripen Jr. was at the game yesterday. The woman he was with has a daughter that's a freshman at Ole Miss. We were never in any of the 3 games against USC. Short needs to be one of the weekend starters. I doubt we finish 500 in league play. Other than our bull pen, this team just don't have it. Hitting and fielding are horrendous. Hopefully we'll beat a bad tiger high team mid week, cause I don't have much faith playing at state next weekend.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food