MSU

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs drop game 1 to State 3-1. Bramlett was good but we couldn't get anything going against Hudson, who pitched a complete game. Really needed to get into their bullpen tonight. Gotta bounce back tomorrow.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Well you can certainly hold your breath on that one . We're horrible , and that's all there is too it . We can't hit the broad side of a barn . I've never seen such an inept offense , not in Biancos entire career . That's now 4 straight losses . Tomorrow will be five . We aren't hitting states number two guy . Not going to happen . The best possible outcome is to leave Starkville with a 3-6 SEC record .... But with the way we're playing it's more likely going to be a second sweep in a row . We suck . The sooner you realize that the sooner you can stop praying for a flat out miracle . Because that's what it's going to take for this team to even be decent . A miracle . At best we get a 4 seed in someone's regional if we keep hitting like this.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Yeah you're right. No way we'll ever win in Starkville. We can't hit, can't field, I mean I don't know why I even bother to watch. You're right, our team absolutely sucks. They've proven it over and over again...I don't know why I haven't seen it already. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and saving me the frustration and wasted time of following Ole Miss baseball.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Their 3rd run was something. Runner gets on base by error, then scores from first on an error on the pick off play. Never seen that before, and neither had the announcer.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:Their 3rd run was something. Runner gets on base by error, then scores from first on an error on the pick off play. Never seen that before, and neither had the announcer.
Stokes had him picked off 1st and somehow made a terrible throw. I never did see where the ball actually ended up but that dude was scooting around the bases. Also, it looked as though he may have been out at home, but that run really didn't matter since we couldn't muster more than 1 run against Hudson.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebelbear wrote:Yeah you're right. No way we'll ever win in Starkville. We can't hit, can't field, I mean I don't know why I even bother to watch. You're right, our team absolutely sucks. They've proven it over and over again...I don't know why I haven't seen it already. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and saving me the frustration and wasted time of following Ole Miss baseball.
I didn't say we wouldn't win one game . I said we wouldn't win this series , and we won't because we suck .
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

7 runs in the last 40 SEC innings. Not to good.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I'm not going to say I told you so , but I did tell you so . We aren't a good team this year . We are awful at the plate. Mike Bianco has now lost 8 of the last 13 sec series, and two of 3 this season . His performance must improve . There is no excuse for this .
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

9 runs in the last 45 SEC innings. Can we salvage the last game to keep from being swept AGAIN.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Also, state hasn't even had to go to their bull pen yet. 2 complete games by their starters. We may end up worse than I thought, and that was around 500 in league play.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Well not much else to say other than what's been said. Not giving up on this team yet. Still think we have great pitching, just need to find the bats to compliment them.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

0-5
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

1-5
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

jrebel87 wrote:I'm not going to say I told you so , but I did tell you so . We aren't a good team this year . We are awful at the plate. Mike Bianco has now lost 8 of the last 13 sec series, and two of 3 this season . His performance must improve . There is no excuse for this .

Wow you did tell me. You tried to warn me and I just didn't listen. You know so much about baseball, and sports in general. I'll try to listen to you from now on when you tell me how bad our team (which STILL sits in the top 10 in RPI) sucks.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:1-5

Still leaves us with male performance issues