NCAA Official RPI's Came Out Today

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Here are some rankings of interest, since these are the ones the committee will look at.

1. Florida
3. South Carolina
5. Louisville
7. Ole Miss
11. A & M
13. Southern
14. Vandy
16. Coastal Carolina
20. LSU
25. Kentucky
------------------
After tonight's games, here are Warren Nolan's rankings (RPI):

1. Florida
2. South Carolina
3. Miami
4. Florida State
5. North Carolina
6. Ole Miss (SOS of 6)
7. Louisville
8. Clemson
9. UC-Santa Barbara
10. Vandy
-----------------
Southern fell from #13 to #17, but still a good RPI win for OM.
--------------
The weekend is set up for us to strengthen our resume and RPI. Go Rebs!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Now to take at least 2 of 3 against arkie.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

So we are currently 4-4 against teams in the top 20 in RPI. Our other 3 losses are against teams currently sitting at 26 (MSU) and 60 (TN). Not bad. We have some huge opportunites over the next 3 weekends to improve our conference record before hosting LSU at the end of the month.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We don't have any bad losses, actually. The reason State is ranked anywhere from 26 to 28 in various RPI metrics is that they have several bad losses to teams in the 150 to 200+ range, and those teams keep losing. Arkansas's RPI metrics are in the 128-129 range, so losing a series to them would be really bad. But I don't see that happening.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:We don't have any bad losses, actually. The reason State is ranked anywhere from 26 to 28 in various RPI metrics is that they have several bad losses to teams in the 150 to 200+ range, and those teams keep losing. Arkansas's RPI metrics are in the 128-129 range, so losing a series to them would be really bad. But I don't see that happening.

Yeah, I hate we got swept and lost the series to State, but I am not mad about it. I think this team is performing to its talent level, hard to get mad when we are getting the good out of them. Hopefully hitting will continue to improve, and we can hang in there with quality pitchers in the league.