Arky Series Huge/Latest RPI Surge

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

As a result of Wednesday's games, Ole Miss moved into the #4 RPI slot, along with the #5 SOS. This was due to teams we have beaten continuing to win, such as Tennessee and SEMO. We are now 9-7 against teams with Top 50 RPI's. A series sweep would put us in a very strong spot going into the second half of the season. I know baseball is unpredictable, but I think this team should be able to handle Arkansas with our pitching and the sort of hitting we showed midweek against Southern. Onward and upward.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball is all about getting hot at the right time. We've had a great start to the season, evidenced by our high RPI, and it seems like we've done it without playing our best baseball. We've pitched fairly well in every game, but some games we haven't hit and some we haven't fielded particularly well. If we can get everything going at the same time, this team can be really special.
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

A sweep would put us at 6-6 in the SEC. We would be within striking distance to the top of the league. There have been persistent rumors that the rotation will be changed this weekend. We used a lot of arms Tuesday, but not many for long stints. Most should be available for multiple innings. Hope the bats stay hot.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

rebelbear wrote:Baseball is all about getting hot at the right time. We've had a great start to the season, evidenced by our high RPI, and it seems like we've done it without playing our best baseball. We've pitched fairly well in every game, but some games we haven't hit and some we haven't fielded particularly well. If we can get everything going at the same time, this team can be really special.
I certainly agree that we have not played our best ball yet. We've been pretty good at pitching most of the time. The hitting sagged when we ran up against some great pitching from South Carolina and State, but that will happen. It's the errors we need to clean up to make sure we don't give games away. I'm still betting on this team.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Seems like we're getting picked off and thrown out stealing alot also. Errol caught twice against Southern. Gotta fix the base running mistakes.
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:Seems like we're getting picked off and thrown out stealing alot also. Errol caught twice against Southern. Gotta fix the base running mistakes.
Yeah. I'm surprised that Erroll has gotten picked off, since he's so fast. Gotta shore that up all-around.
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rotation change. Parkinson Saturday and TBA Sunday.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-b ... 16aaa.html
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

So it is true jrebel87 only post when we lose. Maybe I'm wrong about this.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

mascott wrote:So it is true jrebel87 only post when we lose. Maybe I'm wrong about this.
You're not.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Glad to see we're making some pitching changes in the rotation, and looks like some changes in the lineup as well. Play these younger guys that are more talented than some of the upper classmen.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food