Auburn

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs took game 1 last night 6-4. Auburn made it interesting in the 9th but Stokes put an end to it. Game 2 is at 2:00 today and is televised on SEC Network.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

7-4 final, Rebs. Now 9-8 in SEC play. Huge game tomorrow for the sweep. Staying above .500 in SEC play keeps OM in hosting conversation. Both Kentucky and Georgia are opportunities to pad the SEC record. We just take our chances against LSU, which is inconsistent, and A & M. At 30-10, we still have a shot at 40 wins overall and 17 wins in the SEC before Hoover. RPI and S0S before the second Auburn game were 6 and 10. We cannot be ignored if we keep all these metrics going strong.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:7-4 final, Rebs. Now 9-8 in SEC play. Huge game tomorrow for the sweep. Staying above .500 in SEC play keeps OM in hosting conversation. Both Kentucky and Georgia are opportunities to pad the SEC record. We just take our chances against LSU, which is inconsistent, and A & M. At 30-10, we still have a shot at 40 wins overall and 17 wins in the SEC before Hoover. RPI and S0S before the second Auburn game were 6 and 10. We cannot be ignored if we keep all these metrics going strong.
Unless we get in the top 5 in the SEC, we ain't hosting imo. And we haven't shown we can beat the top teams in the conference. That'll be the test, moving into the top 5 in the conference . Doubt the conference gets more than 5 teams hosting, we'll see. But a sweep tomorrow would be good.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Good win today, now for the sweep tomorrow. I missed most of the game today, had to keep up on Twitter for the most part. Glad to see us in double digit hits again.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Olenek!!!!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Wow what a finish. Glad the bats showed up in the last 2 innings. Lartigue with an outstanding game at the plate.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

31-10, 10-8 in SEC. We are now tied with several other teams at 10-8 and looking for a host spot: LSU, Vandy and Kentucky. We control our own destiny in that we face LSU and Kentucky at home and don't play Vandy. Wins against LSU and Kentucky will narrow the field and make it easier for the committee to pick us over teams with similar records. Our RPI and SOS before the Auburn sweep were 5 and 7. I'll say it again: if we get to 40 wins before Hoover and at least 17 wins in the league, particularly at the expense of LSU and Kentucky, we should get the fifth host spot, along with State, A & M, South Carolina and Florida. The way we snatched that game from Auburn (who is going nowhere) reminds me of some of our come-from-behind wins earlier in the season. We have 15 games left, and this is the time to get hot.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Well we have 4 huge RPI opportunities coming up this week. Got to make the most of them.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

What's more important than our RPI, which is Top Five right now, is winning the LSU series and having a tie-breaker over them should the committee have to choose between us for a fifth host spot.
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

15 left. 13 are against top 50 RPI teams. Rotation is worked out. Good baseball coming.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Went to my second game of the year yesterday. Had the best seats I've had since it was expanded. Sat in section D, right behind 1rst base. awbarn is a horrible fielding team. Big sweep since it kept us in the hosting conversation. I think Fla, USC and A&M are pretty good bets to host. That leaves us, vandy, state and LSU fighting over the 4th and 5th spots. Heard some interesting tidbits at the game yesterday. Olenek may be the best freshman we've had in some time. Was told yesterday to wait until u see him pitch. Man throws 93-94 MPH fastball. Also, the subject got to the $13 million going to the baseball program. I was saying I didn't understand why why needed that money going to baseball, when it could go to the Vaught for needed upgrading. A former player told me that we had some of the worst baseball facilities around. While we have a first class baseball field, the rest is little league at best. He said the coaches offices were like a closet. The dressing rooms are small. He even said the batting cages were D1AA at best. So I guess we do need some up grading in baseball.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I think State should host also. Actually, the SEC deserves six host spots considering the quality of the teams at the top. They may not want to do that, of course. But OM is still in the hunt for the fifth host spot.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Anxious to see if McArthur becomes our Sunday starter...he's certainly earned a shot at it.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Totally agree that the handwriting is on the wall with McArthur as the Sunday starter. Probably should have started this past Sunday. Sean Johnson has not recovered from Tommy John surgery fully. Not his fault.