Right now we are tied with state for 5th place

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

State has the tie breaker over us, so there's still work to be done unless the SEC gets 6 bids. Big weekend against A&M.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

SEC NOW discussed the league and host site bids. Right now, Florida, South Carolina, A & M and State are favored to get 4 national seeds, most ever for any league. I think Florida and South Carolina are pretty much a lock. State should benefit from their remaining series against Missouri, Arkansas and Auburn. A & M has a horrendous closing schedule against Vandy, South Carolina and Ole Miss. Of those four teams mentioned, they would be the most likely to lose enough games to fail to get a national seed. But SEC NOW also discussed Vandy, Ole Miss and LSU as in the running for a 5th host site. And they mentioned the possibility of a sixth host site for the SEC.

Ben McDonald said he definitely thought series wins over Louisville and LSU were more than enough to have Ole Miss hosting. We do not play Vandy, but their SOS is 54. Ours has varied this week anywhere from 5 to 9. It's stayed in the Top Ten, as has our RPI, for at least a month. We beat LSU head-to-head. I think unless we blow the Georgia and Kentucky series, we are hosting. I also think that there is a chance that if A & M should falter against Vandy and South Carolina, we could replace them as a national seed if we take the series in College Station.

If the committee met this week, Ole Miss would be a regional host. I think you'll see that reflected in this week's projections.