Georgia Series

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rebs take first game 6-4. Bramlett has been off last couple of outings. Gonna need him down the stretch.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Good road win. Winning this series over a top 30 RPI team will help pad that regional resume.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

We really need a combination of series win / series sweep against Georgia and Kentucky. Finishing the regular season at A&M could result in 3 losses, so we need 5 wins in the 2 series leading up to A&M. Glad to see Errol's bat heating up. Going to have to score a bunch of runs to get a win in College Station.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I do not see us being swept at A & M. I think we can take at least one, and it's not out of the realm of possibilities that we could take the series. 8 SEC games left. If we win at least 5 of them, our host spot is secure. If we win 6 or more, we could steal a national seed from A & M. Rebs are peaking at the right time.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Will someone PLEASE teach Colby Bortles how to hit!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Have to admit, doing much better than I thought they would. Knew we would have very good pitching, but didn't expect the hitting so be as good as it's been lately. Be good to get the sweep.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm afraid Bramlett's arm may be weakening here at the end of the season. I hope that's not the case.
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Same thought my brother had. He suggested that maybe Mike ought to give him the weekend off against Kentucky so he would be fresher for A & M, etc.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Disappointing way to close series. Thought we had a good chance of sweeping this series. Kentucky is gonna be tough next week. Seem to have a very scrappy team and play well against better opponents.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

We have a lot to play for. We win three more SEC games and we finish no worse than 17-13, which is a good hosting resume. Need to take the series against Kentucky and one from A & M as a minimum. Next weekend, South Carolina and A & M play, while Florida and Vandy play. Some one is going to slip. We just need to take care of business against Kentucky, and we'll be fine.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Only way we don't host is to completely crap the bed for the remainder of schedule IMO. Our resume is too good not to. We're basically playing for national seed hopes at this point. Given a little help, we can get it with a couple more series wins.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Some huge showdowns this weekend. Of course, we have to dig in against Kentucky. But there is no way that Vandy and Florida and South Carolina and A & M will not have a big impact on national seeding. Wouldn't you know that these big showdowns all come at the end of the season? Does make it more exciting, of course.

We have to take the Kentucky series and at least one against A & M. And, of course, we have to show up for Arkansas State as our last OOC game. Those four games take us to 40 wins overall, 17 in the league. Anything more is gravy.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

College baseball at its finest.

Hopefully Bortles can find his bat here towards the end. Another big bat in the lineup will definitely help us out. As long as we take care of things against Kentucky, the a&m series will be extremely exciting.