Kentucky

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Got a good win to open the series last night. Bramlett looked much better and made it into the 6th. He gave up one run on a solo shot in the 2nd or 3rd. The bullpen came in and as usual slammed the door.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Bats showed up big time tonight. I think we finished with 21 hits. JB continues to be explosive at the right time. Rebs win 14-2. Sweep tomorrow would be great.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Sweep tomorrow gives us 17 league wins. That's a lock to host. One win at A & M gives us 18. Don't look now, but the national seed race is on. I think Vandy is out. LSU's only chance would be to take or sweep the Florida series because we hold the tie breaker over them. Florida and State are national seed locks, I believe. If A & M takes the South Carolina series, I think they are, too. Fourth national seed could be between us and South Carolina, and they hold the tie-breaker. But if we finish above them in the overall league standings, we could steal it. Unless the committee decides to award 5 national seeds to the SEC. Actually, the league deserves it. But they'll probably give the SEC 4, the ACC 3 and throw somebody else a bone.

We got into Kentucky's bullpen tonight. We need to bear down and send them home winless. No one has done it this year to them. But I don't think anyone has beaten up that Beggs guy (supposedly their ace) that bad, either. Five games left. If we take three of them, I think we're in the national seed conversation. Anything more than that and I think we're a good bet to get one.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

No errors and it seems Errol has finally started hitting. After his 5 hit night tonight, his average is around 300. Bring out the brooms tomorrow.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

And we get the sweep in walk off fashion. Lartigue with the 3 run walk off HR. This team has caught stride again. Hope they keep it up. To come from 5 runs down late in a game says a lot.

Also JB hit another jack. That guy is on fire.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

What an amazing game. The bullpen is just so dominating. Got the call early and shut down any hope of Kentucky adding to their lead and gave the offense a chance to chip away. Blackman had another good day at the plate and Lartigue was sooooo clutch in the last at bat. Man what an awesome finish. This team has shown a lot of heart after that series loss at Bama.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

39-13, 17-10, SEC. 4 games left. RPI moved to 5 because of the walkoff. There is no way we are not going to host, and a 2-2 finish could get us a national seed, depending on how South Carolina finishes. Pull for A & M to take that series, folks.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chick a boom! Don't ya just love it!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

A & M just took the Carolina series. Pull for a sweep on Sunday. Then, pull for 'Bama to take 2 of 3 from Carolina in Tuscaloosa. If we win 1 game from A & M, we should finish above them in the overall league standings, get one of the four byes in Hoover and probably get a national seed. That way we don't have to meet any of our SEC brethren until Omaha.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:And we get the sweep in walk off fashion. Lartigue with the 3 run walk off HR. This team has caught stride again. Hope they keep it up. To come from 5 runs down late in a game says a lot.

Also JB hit another jack. That guy is on fire.
Crazy game... We need have to get better pitching out of our game 3 starter. Glad to have the sweep never the less.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

McArthur has had his shots. I think we go back to Chad Smith on Sunday.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

i prefer Pagnozzi over Smith.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Andy would be a good choice, too.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I like his command a lot more as a starter. He's been roughed up a couple times this year but it happens. He's still young and I think he'll shape up to be a weekend starter next year. Smith scares me with all the walks. If he cleans that up, all is good.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:Andy would be a good choice, too.

I would not mind a pitch my committee on Sunday, but it is probably too late to get into that mentality. Def not an area I can pretend to have any expertise in.