A&M series

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Goroth

Oh thank god for a win
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Gutty win. 40-16, 18-12 in SEC. We would have had to take the A & M series to get the national seed. But we will host and take it from there. A & M's team is mostly juniors and seniors who came back to win the national title. They may end up doing it, too. I do think the SEC deserves 5 national seeds and 7 host sites this year. When you look at the RPI, it's hard to deny that.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

There is no way we will not host with a 6 or 7 RPI (it keeps bouncing back and forth), 40 wins overall and 18 in the SEC. Someone mentioned that we will be sent to Southern as a 2-seed. Not happening. Southern got swept at Florida International this weekend (not Florida Atlantic, which won C-USA today). Southern will not host. Florida Atlantic will. I think Southern will be sent to State as a 2-seed. Better them than us.

Sure was a lot of negative posting all of a sudden because we didn't take a road series against what I think is a team that can win it all in Omaha. We've had a great season, and Bianco has constantly tweaked the lineup to make sure we got the most out of our hitters. This is his best coaching job.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We should fire that dude. Seriously! Enough is enough.
Some Random Dude
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Stop it, Random Dude! :lol:
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Very good win today... College baseball is so weird... Maybe we can get hot in the tourney, if we do, a National seed would be back in play...
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Short and Stokes. Pretty good 1-2 pubch. Bring on Ga.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

jrebel87 wrote:And do we really deserve to host if we end the season with 4 straight losses and then another one or two in Hoover ? Either way you look at it we will lose twice in Hoover before we are eliminated ( unless we lose the first game that is single elimination , in which case we would end the season losing five straight ) so even if we do win two in Hoover we will still end the season losing 6 of our final 8 games . Not something a host team typically does . We have to win today and then take two in Hoover to be a host team again . Watch what happens if we lose today and then in Hoover . No host.
You really are irritating. I remember seeing you post a few weeks ago saying how bad we were for starting out bad in SEC play, "a good team doesn't do that". We go on now put ourselves in freakin national seed contention and same story. Oh and did I mention not a single peep while we went on to win 18 SEC games. This team also tied a school record for 40 wins. Sorry bud, I've seen your "watch what happens" statements too many times, you're usually wrong.

To be clear, I don't think anyone is saying this is the best team we've had, nor the best in the SEC, but to say they are bad is ridiculous.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

jrebel87 seems to be invested in failure scenarios. I thought we had seen the last of his posts after the season we have had. But here he comes out of the woodwork again because we (like nine other SEC teams) didn't take the series against A & M. Now that the regular season is over, two of our weekend series wins are looking super impressive. Louisville has the #1 RPI and LSU (on a twelve-game winning streak with a take down of #1 Florida this weekend) has moved into the Top Ten in the RPI. I posted earlier that we are a lock to host, and I think that's still true. But if we take care of business against Georgia Tuesday and then beat South Carolina for 20 SEC wins, we could still get into the national seed discussion.

At any rate, I just don't get being negative about this team right now. Great job by Bianco, and I think we'll have a really good team coming back next year. Especially since A & M will graduate or lose to the draft most of their team, and LSU and State will lose their 1-2 pitching punches.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Yea you're right. I try to ignore his posts most of the time but they are so blatantly ignorant sometimes that I can't let it go.

Anyways I agree with everything you say. It will be laughable to not at least host a regional even if we lose round 1 in the SEC. A&m is loaded and a very tough team. We are fortunate to salvage Sunday.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think this is Mike's best coaching job. He actually made changes in the lineup early in the year, and the team improved. Wonder who he'll start against Ga.? I hope he saves Bramlett for USC.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I think he will save Bramlett for USC. Maybe open with McArthur against Georgia. But we have relievers to step in if he falters.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:I think he will save Bramlett for USC. Maybe open with McArthur against Georgia. But we have relievers to step in if he falters.
McArthur was who I was thinking should start against Ga.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Bramlett will start against Georgia. It's the only game that matters right now.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I'll take advancing to the double-elimination part of the tournament, of course. Too happy with the season and this team to question Bianco's decision, whatever it is.