A&M series

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Well Game 1 got away in the 6th. It was a really close game aside from that one inning.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I am afraid we could play A&M 10 times and we would be lucky to get 2... We are solid, but they are dang good!
Had hope today when we went up 3-0 in the 1st, but they are just loaded top to bottom.. Tomorrow could get ugly....
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Big difference in the talent level between the 2 teams. We're 5th or 6th best in the conference. Lose tomorrow, and we head into tourney play on a 5 game losing streak.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Heath
All American
All American

Aggies can freaking hit! Their pitching has not been that much better than ours, but their hitting is much better. I had a strong feeling when Blackman made that error in the 2nd that they were going to make us pay. We can't give them opportunities like that, or they will make us pay. I am hoping for a win tomorrow, but not feeling too optimistic, considering the pitcher going for them is, I think, the one who threw a no hitter vs. Vandy a couple of weeks ago.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Heath wrote:Aggies can freaking hit! Their pitching has not been that much better than ours, but their hitting is much better. I had a strong feeling when Blackman made that error in the 2nd that they were going to make us pay. We can't give them opportunities like that, or they will make us pay. I am hoping for a win tomorrow, but not feeling too optimistic, considering the pitcher going for them is, I think, the one who threw a no hitter vs. Vandy a couple of weeks ago.
What he said.

Blackmon's error in the second caused momentum shift and they never let up.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Big difference in the talent level between the 2 teams. We're 5th or 6th best in the conference. Lose tomorrow, and we head into tourney play on a 5 game losing streak.

Agree....
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think Chad Smith takes the mound today. Kinda wish we would start James McArthur, but that's just me. If we lose today, we could fall to 7th in the conference, and possibly fall out of hosting, and wind up a 2 seed at USM. A lot to play for today.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:I think Chad Smith takes the mound today. Kinda wish we would start James McArthur, but that's just me. If we lose today, we could fall to 7th in the conference, and possibly fall out of hosting, and wind up a 2 seed at USM. A lot to play for today.

Disagree... Think we still are a host. Most pundits had us contending for a national seed with 1 win at College Station. Difficult for me seeing 1 game being the difference in national seed talk and not hosting at all. If we lose today, we could still have a decent showing in the tourney and be fine. Either way I don't think today is make or break. Our chances of winning a game 3 vs them is very low, but Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are the nominees for POTUS so who knows..
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

MageeRebel425 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:I think Chad Smith takes the mound today. Kinda wish we would start James McArthur, but that's just me. If we lose today, we could fall to 7th in the conference, and possibly fall out of hosting, and wind up a 2 seed at USM. A lot to play for today.

Disagree... Think we still are a host. Most pundits had us contending for a national seed with 1 win at College Station. Difficult for me seeing 1 game being the difference in national seed talk and not hosting at all. If we lose today, we could still have a decent showing in the tourney and be fine. Either way I don't think today is make or break. Our chances of winning a game 3 vs them is very low, but Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are the nominees for POTUS so who knows..
I disagree . If we lose again we will end the season with 4 straight losses while LSU has already beat top ranked Florida . We would have to win 2-3 in Hoover to have a chance at hosting again and that's not something we've done in Hoover for a few years now.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

And do we really deserve to host if we end the season with 4 straight losses and then another one or two in Hoover ? Either way you look at it we will lose twice in Hoover before we are eliminated ( unless we lose the first game that is single elimination , in which case we would end the season losing five straight ) so even if we do win two in Hoover we will still end the season losing 6 of our final 8 games . Not something a host team typically does . We have to win today and then take two in Hoover to be a host team again . Watch what happens if we lose today and then in Hoover . No host.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Even if 3 of the losses is against #2 and AT their place? I can't see that happening.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Just saying if we fall to 7th in the conference. Hopefully we'll win today and all this is a non issue.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Just saying if we fall to 7th in the conference. Hopefully we'll win today and all this is a non issue.

I would not hold my breath on winning today.. I think the guys in the ugly uniforms are heads and tails better than anybody in the league right now...
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

The game is not coming up for me. Just shows Aubarn game.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:Just saying if we fall to 7th in the conference. Hopefully we'll win today and all this is a non issue.

I would not hold my breath on winning today.. I think the guys in the ugly uniforms are heads and tails better than anybody in the league right now...
Fla. may argue that point. With us not having to play Fla. and vandy, that's 2 of the top 6 teams, it really set us up with a chance to have a good year. Disappointed in our starting pitching, just never jelled.