A&M

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RBI single... Short looks like he is trying to locate the ball... Need to double play... These walks are the story of the game... A&M might have 2 without walks...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Nevermind, lartigue with a passed ball... RBI single runner on 3rd still 1 down... Granted it should be 10-7, but I digress..
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Wellppppp pinch hit 3 run job...Gonna see what we are made of right here... 38-0 when leading after 6 is in jeopardy...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Should be 10-10.... The umps owe us everything border line...
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Should be 9-9.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote:Should be 9-9.

Ump wise would be 10-9 our way... We stand to lose with 16 hits... Hitting somewhere around .500 with runners in scoring position.. That is gross...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Understatement- This has not been Short's best outing....I thought we were a shoe in to be a National Seed if we made the championship game... Need to root hard for Florida tonight..
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What a nightmare two innings...
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

If Florida beats LSU tonight, we still have a shot at a national seed. I now think a third national seed will go to the ACC--either Clemson or Florida State, probably Clemson. If it's A & M versus Florida for the SEC tournament title, the discussion for the fourth national seed from the SEC will be Ole Miss versus LSU. We should win that argument since we won the head-to-head. But if LSU wins tonight and plays for the title, then I think they get it.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
rebeljim wrote:Should be 9-9.

Ump wise would be 10-9 our way... We stand to lose with 16 hits... Hitting somewhere around .500 with runners in scoring position.. That is gross...
I get ump wise 9-9. They had a run scored when he was out at 1rst, we lost a run when he was called out at 2nd.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:If Florida beats LSU tonight, we still have a shot at a national seed. I now think a third national seed will go to the ACC--either Clemson or Florida State, probably Clemson. If it's A & M versus Florida for the SEC tournament title, the discussion for the fourth national seed from the SEC will be Ole Miss versus LSU. We should win that argument since we won the head-to-head. But if LSU wins tonight and plays for the title, then I think they get it.
I hope u are right, but I think we had to win today to get one.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Reguardless of how the seedlings work out, our guys proved a lot this last week. We are one of the better teams out there and can play with anybody. No need to hang their heads about today, A&M can smash the ball better than anyone and we led most of this one and probably should've won. Can't wait for regionals.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It's all good. Played well and our pitching needs every day of rest they can get
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

I think the ACC gets three seeds: Louisville, Miami and Clemson. Big 12 gets one: Texas Tech. SEC gets four: Florida, A & M, State and Ole Miss. No reason LSU should get one over us since we hold the tiebreaker, have a better RPI and a stronger non-conference schedule. I can't see the ACC getting four. The only other possibility would be for the committee to give South Carolina one because they won the East and Ray Tanner is on the committee.

I still think our chances are great, and I would be shocked if LSU got a national seed over us. Not as shocked if it's South Carolina.