It's official, rebs hosting

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

We really came on strong to end the season. The competition we were beating in Hoover is stronger than what we would face if we made it to Omaha . There are some projections that have us as a national seed and somer that have LSU as one. Let's hope us beating them head to head matters most . I do have a question : are the 60 dollar tickets on the website for the whole weekend ?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yes.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Hopeful sign: the committee gave the SEC 7 host sites, a new record. They also gave the ACC 6 host sites, also a record. The only team in the national seed projections not in the Top Eleven RPI is Texas Tech at 14. Ole Miss is still at 5. Since the committee expanded the host sites, they may also expand the national seed selections for one league. Maybe the SEC will get 5 national seeds, after all. Since the SEC and ACC are clearly the two strongest leagues, maybe the committee will give the SEC 5 and the ACC 3 national seeds and forget about Texas Tech.

We could still get a pleasant surprise at 11AM today on ESPNU.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Well they screwed us again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F LSUX
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Not only did we get screwed with the national seed , we got screwed by being paired against probably the best team in the nation who has eliminated us in the past : Miami . *beep* the *beep* selection committee
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Not only did we get screwed with the national seed , we got screwed by being paired against probably the best team in the nation who has eliminated us in the past : Miami . *beep* the *beep* selection committee

Maybe this is part of our NCAA sanctions
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:Not only did we get screwed with the national seed , we got screwed by being paired against probably the best team in the nation who has eliminated us in the past : Miami . *beep* the *beep* selection committee

Maybe this is part of our NCAA sanctions

No doubt... Needed the game against A&M to leave no doubt... Oh well.. Gotta stay hot and just do it like we did against #1 ULL....
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

The only thing that's important now is beating Utah, which won the Pac-12. Then dealing with either Tulane, which won the American Athletic, or Boston College of the ACC. We have a tough regional. What else is new? If Utah hadn't upset Washington, we would have had Washington here again, a team we beat 2-1 last time we hosted. We can do this. Win the regional and then focus on the Super, whether it's here or in Miami. We've done this before. We can do it again.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I honestly think the national seed would go this way, but surprised we were not paired with MSU. I think the reason for no national seed was because MSU got it and they didn't want 2 in the same state.
Last edited by GtownRebel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:I honestly think the national seed would go this way, but surprised we were not paired with MSU. I think the reason for no national seed was because MSU go it and they didn't want 2 in the same state.
Uh, Florida and Miami? Texas Tech and A&M?
Some Random Dude
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

As frustrating as it is to not get the national seed, I'm not surprised. LSU will get the nod 9 times out of 10 because, well, because it's LSU baseball. Having said that, they are a hot right now, and I think the committee took notice...beating Florida 3 times out of five is very impressive, they are very good. I don't necessarily get upset about the super match ups, to be the best you're gonna play them there or in Omaha so it's a wash.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

And losing to Arkansas State the last week hurt us.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

No, I doubt the Arkansas State game factored in to it. Even had we won it, we would not have been able to duplicate LSU's strong finish in the league. Had LSU not escaped from Tennessee in the first game of that series, Arkansas (that absurd rally possum game) and one of the Florida series games, they would have finished 16-14 in the league, and there would have been no argument that we deserved a national seed over them. We still finished 9-3 in our last twelve games. The committee apparently did not think our head-to-head series win was enough to overcome their finish. It was much more about them than anything we did. If we had beaten A & M (and had our game with them in Hoover more evenly refereed), we would also have gotten the national seed. A & M was blanked midweek at home by Sam Houston State while we lost on the road to Arkansas State that last week. Neither game affected the RPI's of either team adversely. Both Ole Miss and A & M were obviously anticipating their final series against each other, while SH State and Arkansas State looked at their games as season makers.