Tulane

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Walk... Double.... Tie game... 3-3.... COME ON REBS!!!!!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Walk... Green out, Pagnozzi in....
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Walks will get you beat.... 4-3... Green wave..... Gut check time...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Robinson comes up clutch after Watson strikes out.. 5-4 Rebs going bottom 8...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Nothing is more frustrating than walks.. They get you beat, every time! I would rather a ball break a pine tree in half than walk somebody.. 6-5 top 9...
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Absolutely pathetic... Good year with a pathetic ending... They have not been the same baseball team since the A&M blown lead.. Baseball is crazy and blah blah.. Bottom line, they made plays, we choked... When you are hosting in front of record crowds, there is absolutely no excuse! I hope Tulane keeps winning so there is more than 30 people in the stands.. Welcome back feelings of 2004...
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

There's no reason for an excuse, we lost against 2 good teams. We weren't world beaters but we had a good team this year. Doesn't matter if we lose by 10 or 1, some are going to say we suck we're pathetic...blah blah. Bottom line Bianco took what looked like an average team on paper and made them competitive and won 40 regular season games.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote:There's no reason for an excuse, we lost against 2 good teams. We weren't world beaters but we had a good team this year. Doesn't matter if we lose by 10 or 1, some are going to say we suck we're pathetic...blah blah. Bottom line Bianco took what looked like an average team on paper and made them competitive and won 40 regular season games.

We were top 5 in RPI, could have easily been a national seed and went 0-2 at our place in front of massive crowds... One of the teams we lost to had 30 people in the stands.. I agree college baseball is weird, but will have to agree to disagree on a lot.. We did not play close to our best and there was a major psychological factor there.. Don't know exactly what it was, but we did not seem focused and were not ourselves in any facet.. I do not believe Utah and Tulane are better baseball teams... I repeat, great season, but that was absolutely pathetic...

P.S.
At this point, I think you usually are what your record is... I am watching Louisville, a team we took 2 of 3 from, obliterate the #2 seed in their regional..
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mike Bianco has won zero post season games since 2014 . Zero . He is 0-4. He has now been to Omaha once in fifteen years , with that undoubtedly continuing based on past performance in the future . He is what he is and his track record says he is 1-14 getting us to Omaha and 0-4 in ncaa tournament games the last two years . He will NEVER win a championship here and quite frankly he will never make it back to Omaha because it would take another 13 seasons to do so and no way in hell do we put up with that crap for that long
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

jrebel87 wrote:Mike Bianco has won zero post season games since 2014 . Zero . He is 0-4. He has now been to Omaha once in fifteen years , with that undoubtedly continuing based on past performance in the future . He is what he is and his track record says he is 1-14 getting us to Omaha and 0-4 in ncaa tournament games the last two years . He will NEVER win a championship here and quite frankly he will never make it back to Omaha because it would take another 13 seasons to do so and no way in hell do we put up with that crap for that long
Lol, you obviously don't know where ole miss baseball was before he got here young buck.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

MageeRebel425 wrote:
WildRebel wrote:There's no reason for an excuse, we lost against 2 good teams. We weren't world beaters but we had a good team this year. Doesn't matter if we lose by 10 or 1, some are going to say we suck we're pathetic...blah blah. Bottom line Bianco took what looked like an average team on paper and made them competitive and won 40 regular season games.

We were top 5 in RPI, could have easily been a national seed and went 0-2 at our place in front of massive crowds... One of the teams we lost to had 30 people in the stands.. I agree college baseball is weird, but will have to agree to disagree on a lot.. We did not play close to our best and there was a major psychological factor there.. Don't know exactly what it was, but we did not seem focused and were not ourselves in any facet.. I do not believe Utah and Tulane are better baseball teams... I repeat, great season, but that was absolutely pathetic...

P.S.
At this point, I think you usually are what your record is... I am watching Louisville, a team we took 2 of 3 from, obliterate the #2 seed in their regional..
I'm as disappointed as you. Just like every other ole miss fan and player out there. And, I agree we were the better team than both of those teams that beat us and "should" have won, but things didn't go our way. The best teams don't always win, that's sports for you. If the better team always won, then there's no need for everyone else to suit up. Not gonna make excuses for losing because for one, I can't quite put a finger on it.

Not really sure what you mean in that last statement but I don't agree at all. I actually think the exact opposite. I also watched Vandy get obliterated today.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We lost. Deal with it. Both were fun games except for the outcome. Football season starts tomorrow.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Home from the game, not totally surprised, but very disappointed. Sat there and watch them steal 2nd base and we had no one covering the bag. Way to many walks, but we was out hit both games. Heard a lot of people trying to sell the rest of their tickets as we walked back to the car. I have my opinion of what needs done, but. We're putting 13 million more into the program, hope it helps recruiting. That is where we are lacking big time. Our BP wore out at season's end. Short was shot, had no fastball. Saw on another board that since this new format has been in place, there's been 6 times the host went 0-2. We now have 2 of those 6. Think we showed we were unworthy of hosting. Can yall imagine the crowds for the rest of our games. And since vandy was mentioned as getting blown out at home........Think they had a DARN good reason.......... They had a teammate die 2 days ago....... Good chance their minds were elsewhere. Kinda like us when that Tulane guy stole 2nd and we had no one covering. Need to up our recruiting.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Mike Bianco has won zero post season games since 2014 . Zero . He is 0-4. He has now been to Omaha once in fifteen years , with that undoubtedly continuing based on past performance in the future . He is what he is and his track record says he is 1-14 getting us to Omaha and 0-4 in ncaa tournament games the last two years . He will NEVER win a championship here and quite frankly he will never make it back to Omaha because it would take another 13 seasons to do so and no way in hell do we put up with that crap for that long
This is Mke's 16th year.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm as disappointed as you. Just like every other ole miss fan and player out there. And, I agree we were the better team than both of those teams that beat us and "should" have won, but things didn't go our way. The best teams don't always win, that's sports for you. If the better team always won, then there's no need for everyone else to suit up. Not gonna make excuses for losing because for one, I can't quite put a finger on it.

Not really sure what you mean in that last statement but I don't agree at all. I actually think the exact opposite. I also watched [/quote]Vandy get obliterated today.[/quote]

Things did not go our way, but there was more to it than the bounce of a ball.. That is the 3rd loss in a row.. 3rd loss in a row that the BP blew it.. We did not look like the same team that played the first 3 games in Hoover.. I don't know what happened, but we just did not look like we were locked in.. In the same way I did not feel we were locked in, Utah and Tulane were.. Like today, a Tulane player loses the ball in the sun, it hits the ground. Runner gets to first stops, starts toward 2nd, is thrown out.. I think we hit a solo shot after that. If it is as simple as just good and bad breaks, the law of averages says we would have been to Omaha more than once... There is more to it than that. I am not on the fire Bianco train, but either we have to recruit better or coach better. I would like to see us either have guys that can knock the cover off of it or hit for average.. I have been confused about who we were the last couple of years.. I admire Vandy for putting on their uniforms.. Not only did a guy drown, teammates were there when it happened.