Georgia State

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Blackman and Bortles have both been suspended "until further notice for not meeting the standards of the Ole Miss baseball program".

Well that's lovely.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Watson put the Rebs up 1-0 with a solo shot in the 2nd.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Any more details on the Blackmon/Bortles situation? I just wonder if it's a production issue. Neither have lived up to the hype IMO.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ben on scout is reporting they will be suspended at least 2 games for drinking a couple of beers in their hotel room and at a dinner in Houston.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

I don't know what's up with Blackman and Bortles, but I hope we find our bats again soon. 3 hits tonight against GSU. Still managed to get the win 1-0, but man that's not good.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:I don't know what's up with Blackman and Bortles, but I hope we find our bats again soon. 3 hits tonight against GSU. Still managed to get the win 1-0, but man that's not good.

Agree... Georgia State is a bad baseball team and they held us to their season low in runs scored... As the only bright spot in Ole Miss athletics right now, we need to get it rolling again.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Drinking a beer? Day-um. Suspended for that? Seems like an overreaction to me. But I don't run the ship.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

We're in the bottom of the 9th of game 2 and it's 0-0. At some point we have to start hitting again, right?
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Don't know what to say at this point. Got shutout and beat by Georgia freakin state 2-0.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

There's nothing to say but that we have a terrible baseball team at this point . They were oozing with confidence and have now thrown in the towel already on trying to get it back . Six runs scored in 46 innings and losing five of six . They're terrible right now .
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

jrebel87 wrote:There's nothing to say but that we have a terrible baseball team at this point . They were oozing with confidence and have now thrown in the towel already on trying to get it back . Six runs scored in 46 innings and losing five of six . They're terrible right now .
\

I suppose that falls to the coach to keep them on track and on task......
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Wake them up Bianco! No excuse to have that type of talent and be this bad. It appears to have gotten mental at this point.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

MageeRebel425 wrote:Wake them up Bianco! No excuse to have that type of talent and be this bad. It appears to have gotten mental at this point.
It usually is mental...let's just hope that's all it is. A weak Furman team coming in this weekend and we need to get right before SEC play next weekend. We've dropped to 33 in RPI, according to Warren Nolan, and that will take a hit just playing FU this weekend. We need 3 wins for sure.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Always have a slump in baseball. Maybe it's ok to have an early one. Never sure about that but how do you coach a freshman who didn't lose in high school and started 7-0 in college? Maybe coaching will sink in now.