Vandy

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs took the first game 1-0. That's 5 consecutive shutouts if anyone's counting. Our pitching staff has given up 2 runs in the past 55 innings or so. Bats came around a little last night against one of the best pitchers in the league. Strung together 6 total hits, but missed out on a lot of scoring opportunities. I think Vandy had 3 hits in the game. Tim Rowe, who shaved his mustache for some reason, had the game's only RBI on a pinch hit single late.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I think it's 67 of 68 scoreless innings, 45 straight shutout innings, 4 straight scoreless games.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

d1baseball had an article on Tuesday about OM pitching. Said we are possibly on course to be the best pitching staff in the nation. We did nothing Friday to disprove that.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote:I think it's 67 of 68 scoreless innings, 45 straight shutout innings, 4 straight scoreless games.
I don't exactly how many innings, but we've had five straight shutouts. 3 against Furman, 1 against Nicholls, 1 against Vandy. We've only given up 2 runs in the last 7 games.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Add a few beer showers to this and Boom!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Just think if we had just a good hitting team along with this pitching staff. We'd be pretty dang hard to beat. We have to find a way to help the pitching staff out and take the pressure off them.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Not a very good game today. Felt a lot closer than a 4 run game(which it was for the most part) but get we should have won but made a couple mental errors and not enough timely hitting. Bats have to wake up.