MState series

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

Tight one so far...we did best AState the other night. In ten innings.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Yes another pitching duel as we're used to. We're up 1-0 top 5.

I think that was Little Rock we beat the other day though....
Chucky_38
All American
All American

WildRebel wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:48 pm Yes another pitching duel as we're used to. We're up 1-0 top 5.

I think that was Little Rock we beat the other day though....
Good call. You right. 3-3 going to 9th...blew a 3-0 lead.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Unreal hard to top choke job tonight. 4-3 state.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Pathetic.. State tried to give us the game bottom 9 and we wouldn't take it. 2nd and 3rd one down and we can't get a ball out of the infield. We need a new hitting coach like tomorrow.. This is pathetic.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

MageeRebel425 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:07 pm Pathetic.. State tried to give us the game bottom 9 and we wouldn't take it. 2nd and 3rd one down and we can't get a ball out of the infield. We need a new hitting coach like tomorrow.. This is pathetic.
Wow, glad I fell asleep and didn't see this. 1-1 bottom 3rd in game 2
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

3-2 top of 4th >(
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Chucky_38
All American
All American

5-3 state. First series loss in Oxford in 7 years to them. This team is extremely disappointing.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I agree. I held on to hope up until this weekend, hoping they would figure it out. But, I haven't seen the improvement needed to make anything of this season. Our pitchers have battled and are tiring like I knew they would. Parkinson's curve is gone and this season could get a lot worse. Can we hire a different hitting coach NOW!!! I don't think I've ever seen so many lazy pop ups in my entire life. I really think Ryan is our only pure hitter. He actually knows how to barrel the ball up. Trully dissappointed because we have a great pitching staff.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

This is a bad baseball team, both offensively and defensively. They made mistakes good high school teams don't make. This team may not finish 500 in the league.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:55 pm I agree. I held on to hope up until this weekend, hoping they would figure it out. But, I haven't seen the improvement needed to make anything of this season. Our pitchers have battled and are tiring like I knew they would. Parkinson's curve is gone and this season could get a lot worse. Can we hire a different hitting coach NOW!!! I don't think I've ever seen so many lazy pop ups in my entire life. I really think Ryan is our only pure hitter. He actually knows how to barrel the ball up. Trully dissappointed because we have a great pitching staff.

Agree.. State lost like 11 guys to the draft, 7 pitchers to Tommy Johns and we can't beat them in a series at our place.. I thought this was an Omaha team at the beginning of the year.. I am wrong everyday, but none more than that. Hitting has now gotten mental.. Need to make a change.. NOW!
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:57 pm This is a bad baseball team, both offensively and defensively. They made mistakes good high school teams don't make. This team may not finish 500 in the league.
Guess maybe they are not focused....
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Swept at home, not a good sign. May not finish 500 in league. Next up is USM. Will probably lose that as well.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Pathetic weekend to say the least. We had a chance to win every game but let them have every one. I honestly don't know if I can keep watching this team bat. I mean, this is some JV type hitting Im watching. And I don't say that to degrade our players. I've never seen a team at this level be so unfundamental at the plate, we can't even bunt!!! I keep telling myself they are only freshmen....but our veterans do the same crap which lets me know it's coaching. Bortles had so much potential that has almost gone to waste and you can probably say the same for Blackman(although he had a decent year last year). Those two should have been 2 of the best hitters in the league, but they aren't even close. You almost feel bad for them in a sense because this is where you prep for the next level which I think both have dreams of being. yet, they will most likely get to the minors and struggle.

My expectations are gone. And I mean even regionals. I don't feel like watching another ole miss team deflate. My melt is over....please make me eat my words Bianco.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Football baseball basketball. I think it's time to say thank you to Kennedy