MState series

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Mike has a coaching philosophy he learned mostly under Skip Bertman and he'll tell you he's the professional and you are the amateur. He doesn't think other people know as much about the game of baseball as he does. It"s a fun game that is made hard though Mike's over-coaching. The pressure builds on his players as the season goes along, because he expects his players to play robot baseball. He micro manages his teams, and the pressure the players are put under makes them play tight instead of loose. They're thinking to much, instead of just letting it come naturally.
Last edited by rebeljim on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I like Bianco. I've never had a major issue with any of his coaching job while he's been here. He has done a hell of a job IMO. Sure, there have been times where I've scratched my head and asked "what the hell is he doing?" In certain situations....but I'll take him over many other coaches any day of the week. I guess the only issue I have now is his selection of assistants. We need someone to teach our kids how to hit and Clement is not the guy. If these kids we have on campus can learn how to hit the ball, I honestly believe we can be a serious contender in 2 years.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We just got swept at home by our in state rival, who was pitching a position player with a 6+ ERA as their number 3... We scored 1 run off of him.. We scored 7 all weekend.. Let that sink in.. We don't need to changes after the season.. He needs to make changes right now.. Absolutely pathetic.