AState 2

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

Rebs down 4-0 after 7 to 23-26 Red Wolves.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

5-0 final score. Not good.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Chucky_38
All American
All American

This team makes no logical sense. Mr. Spock would not approve.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Arkie St. starting pitcher last night had an era over 8. Yet we get shut out.....
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sounds like a hangover
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Nope. MB only worries about SEC. That is why we won't be hosting this year if we get in. We need a change from the same ole same ole.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 3:35 pm Nope. MB only worries about SEC. That is why we won't be hosting this year if we get in. We need a change from the same ole same ole.

I don't think it is not being worried about non conference. Simply a matter of the same issue we have had all year, if you score 0 runs, you will lose every game you play.. If we don't get a new hitting coach, I'm out on Bianco..
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Thing about Bianco is...we had 7 post season appearances before him. We've had 14 in 16 under him. He is Ole Miss baseball.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:59 am Thing about Bianco is...we had 7 post season appearances before him. We've had 14 in 16 under him. He is Ole Miss baseball.
I disagree. Our early success was because of Dan, not Mike, and that's being proved by what each has done since. We've only hosted a regional twice since 2009, that is totally unexceptable, as opposed to what Louisville has done during that same time. And Louisville had never been to a regional before Dan. It's WAY past time for new blood, but don't think it'll happen. And from 1955-1977 we were the premier team in the SEC. Only when Ron Polk showed up did we start trending down.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:27 am
Chucky_38 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:59 am Thing about Bianco is...we had 7 post season appearances before him. We've had 14 in 16 under him. He is Ole Miss baseball.
I disagree. Our early success was because of Dan, not Mike, and that's being proved by what each has done since. We've only hosted a regional twice since 2009, that is totally unexceptable, as opposed to what Louisville has done during that same time. And Louisville had never been to a regional before Dan. It's WAY past time for new blood, but don't think it'll happen. And from 1955-1977 we were the premier team in the SEC. Only when Ron Polk showed up did we start trending down.
What is Dan's record head to head against MB since he left OM?
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:17 am
Who cares??? U sound like a state fan trying to brag about beating us when they have a bad record and we're bowling in a good bowl, trying to justify us going bowling while they stay home. Fact is, in 10 years Dan has gone to 3 World Series and 6 Super Regionals. Before this season is over, he may go to another super and trip to Omaha. All this at a school that did NOTHING in the sport before Dan got there. But hey, we beat them more.....
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 am
rebelbear wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:17 am

Who cares??? U sound like a state fan trying to brag about beating us when they have a bad record and we're bowling in a good bowl, trying to justify us going bowling while they stay home. Fact is, in 10 years Dan has gone to 3 World Series and 6 Super Regionals. Before this season is over, he may go to another super and trip to Omaha. All this at a school that did NOTHING in the sport before Dan got there. But hey, we beat them more.....
You're right. Our program is trash, and has been since 2007. We haven't done *beep* since Dan left.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I've always been a Bianco supporter and honestly still am. He's done tremendous things here and kept our program relevant on a national level. The only sport we can really say that about. I do agree it seems as he underachieves based off of the support his program has. He has pulled in some really good players but only managed Omaha once. I would love to see Dan back but not sure if that's possible.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

If I read correctly Dan Mc is now the highest paid coach in college baseball at 1m per year. Bianco is around 640k per year. So that's a huge gap.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I wouldn't think we could get Dan. He and Mike are good friends, and don't think he would replace him. Plus, he's built Louisville from the very bottom up, and doubt he would leave. I wanted us to go after him 2 years after he left. I wish we could bump Mike up the ladder in the administration, that way he would stay here. He and his family are very good people, and has been loyal to Ole Miss, but we can and need to do better than what we have now.