Winthrop

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs get a win to open the season. Rollison was dealing today, had 12 Ks in 5 innings.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We have the pitching to have a really good year. Defense should be good also. It'll all comes down to hitting. We do good in that department, look out.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Still wasn’t impressed with hitting last night. It’s been my major gripe with Bianco teams. Hard to make opinions after 1 game but that’s my first impression. Cooper made some good swings last night which I was happy about though. Rolison was dealing.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs take Game 2 by a score of 8-1. Had 14 hits on the night. Going for the sweep tomorrow at 12:30. I believe Winthrop saves their ace for Game 3.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

They played a pretty solid game on Saturday. Timely hits with 2 outs which is something I don’t remember happening in the past. Still early and it’s only Winthrop, we’ll see. I like this team for some reason. I think Cockrell will show up big this year at the plate. I also like Elko at third and his bat has tons of potential. Good young team.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Rebs sweep. Game 3 wasn’t great but we scratched for the win. Bats have to improve. Looks a lot like last year. Lots of unsure swings and bad takes. Hopefully they improve throughout the year.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Bats weren’t there today, but did enough to get the win. MacArthur didn’t look great either, but still only gave up 1 unearned run through 5. Please, oh please let’s beat Memphis Tuesday.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

From what I understand, Winthrop isn't supposed to be terrible. And they saved their Ace for Sunday.

It's the first weekend. They did what they were supposed to do. But, we really didn't learn a whole lot.
Some Random Dude
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I wish we didn’t play Memphis in anything. I have never liked them and I won’t start. Just acknowledging their existance is enough to start a puking epidemic. The cdc should quarantine the place and do experiments. Even the rats are a low form of life that rats from msu are too good for.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

lewindha wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:47 pm From what I understand, Winthrop isn't supposed to be terrible. And they saved their Ace for Sunday.

It's the first weekend. They did what they were supposed to do. But, we really didn't learn a whole lot.
I agree for the most part but i saw way too many similarities last year at the plate. I’m hoping the weather and maybe opening weekend jitters(although You expect to come out firing)were the cause but we’ll see as the season progresses.