TN game

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

This is going to be a great game. Even though TN has everything going their way I can still see us coming away with a victory here. Everything just seems to be going right for this team.

However, we still need to shore up a couple of things. First off turnovers. We still get lazy for brief stretches and commit careless turnovers or rush a possession with a bad shot. We also seem to stray away from our post game at times. These guys should be the focal point of the game against an undersized Volunteer team. If we can get Curtis, Williams, and company established early we could disrupt thing for the Vols.

Fouling is my other concern. We play an aggressive style of defense, which is great, but we get overly aggressive sometimes. Just about every game this season we have had a big man in foul trouble and CW has been prone to foul trouble as well. We can't afford to get into foul trouble against a UT team who is frankly better than us, especially on their home court.
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

I can see a win here as well however going into their place is going to be really tough as well know. I don't personally think that we'll come out of here in a win, I just hope that we play them really hard. I hope that I'm wrong and we win a close game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

MtownRebel wrote:
However, we still need to shore up a couple of things. First off turnovers. We still get lazy for brief stretches and commit careless turnovers or rush a possession with a bad shot. We also seem to stray away from our post game at times. These guys should be the focal point of the game against an undersized Volunteer team. If we can get Curtis, Williams, and company established early we could disrupt thing for the Vols.
I think that this stuff is mainly due to the guys being so young. They don't have that "seasoned veteran" mind set that allows them to slow down when it's neccessary and refocus everyone's minds on the task at hand. If we lose a few games this season b/c of this, I'm okay with it b/c you KNOW AK will be all over it in practice. He's soooo good at seeing the areas that need work, and it shows in his post game comments every week, I LOVE THAT GUY!!!!!!!

As for the rest of your comment, I agree.

A win would be fantastic, but on the other hand, it would vault us to close to top ten in rankings, a scary place for such a young team, and might cause the guys to play more to "protect their ranking" instead of playing each game just to win. I don't know, maybe not. Guess we'll have to wait till next week to find out!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
done

I think we definitely could win this game. But we must remember we will be on the road with SEC officials. That is always a crap shoot at best.