TN Game Thread

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I, also, believe the team played a very good game against a strong team. Tonight, I think we were as good as they were and am very proud of our guys, especially the young ones.

The one thing that disappointed me, aside from the team's lack of controlled play in the last 30 seconds or so, was how often UT was able to get uncontested shots under the basket on quick feeds from outside. I'll bet they had 10-12 easy points that way to our 4-6. That was a difference maker.
Tcounty
Scout Team
Scout Team

Let me start by saying I'm not a bball fan, but the last 3minutes of that game I was out of my chair clapping and yelling at the TV! I enjoyed the game. Go Rebels
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Tcounty wrote:Let me start by saying I'm not a bball fan, but the last 3minutes of that game I was out of my chair clapping and yelling at the TV! I enjoyed the game. Go Rebels
Myself and two buddies were three of about 10 people in the bar where we watched the game. And believe me, in the last 2:30, people on the sidewalk on the OTHER side of the street knew who we were pulling for.

I'm really excited about this team despite the loss. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these guys GRIND!!! When they're down, they're NEVER out of it. Some control issues late, bad calls, and some poor court management late, but that stuff comes with experience. These guys should be *beep* proud of themselves against a top 10 team!!! Way to go Rebs!!! Now, buckle down and run off 4 straight on the way to Vandy!!!!

Here we go RE-BELS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Please, please, please pack the Tad Pad Sat and Wed. This team deserves our support. Please tell you mama, daddy, sister, and brother to come. Tell your friends, your friends' friends, etc. There is no way that every single SEC game shouldn't be sold out and packed out ala Alabama game last year which was ~9500 fans. Season ticket holders like myself need to have the butts in the seats and not at home on the couch. Come on guys, please don't give Kennedy a reason to leave. LSU or Bama is going to come calling after this year, mark my words!!! Money wise we will have to step up, of course but what if the offers are similar then what? It then boils down to things like facilities, support, atmosphere, recognition, etc. You can't have all this without butts in the seats people. The Tad Pad could have a reputation like Cameron Indoor, small and loud. Something different sets you apart and puts you on TV and makes a story. Small Oxford and little Tad Pad can be positives when you spin them the right way.

Go Rebels!
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

fastbrk4 wrote:Please, please, please pack the Tad Pad Sat and Wed. This team deserves our support. Please tell you mama, daddy, sister, and brother to come. Tell your friends, your friends' friends, etc. There is no way that every single SEC game shouldn't be sold out and packed out ala Alabama game last year which was ~9500 fans. Season ticket holders like myself need to have the butts in the seats and not at home on the couch. Come on guys, please don't give Kennedy a reason to leave. LSU or Bama is going to come calling after this year, mark my words!!! Money wise we will have to step up, of course but what if the offers are similar then what? It then boils down to things like facilities, support, atmosphere, recognition, etc. You can't have all this without butts in the seats people. The Tad Pad could have a reputation like Cameron Indoor, small and loud. Something different sets you apart and puts you on TV and makes a story. Small Oxford and little Tad Pad can be positives when you spin them the right way.

Go Rebels!
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!! I wish I weren't 5 hrs away, or I'd be there myself. In my absence, pack it in there!!!

While we're waiting for the Admin to build/renovate an arena, we NEED to show them that we'll support it NOW!!!! If we show how much we love AK and these kids, they can't ignore us and they'll HAVE to improve facilities to keep AK and the fans/alums happy.

LET'S GO, RE-BELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L. S. WHO?