New Mexico

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

looked bad in the first half.
that is all.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

It's 2:30 to go in the game and we still suck.

We will be damned lucky to win 12 games this year. And 12 may be too high a goal.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

33 point beat down...awful.

But hey, did you all hear that Auburn hired Gene Chizik as their Head Football Coach?

*sigh*
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Jalopy effect.

every time something good happens for the rebels, something else collapses.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I thought we were supposed to be good this year? After that good recruiting class and everything.

What's happening?
Some Random Dude
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Polynice and Gaskins were much bigger to the game than they seemed. Huge leaders on and off the court, I think.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

yep thats it. pretty plain and simple and oh so sad. But im sure they will be back next year ready to go.
HottyToddy'06
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

dgmcdowe wrote:Polynice and Gaskins were much bigger to the game than they seemed. Huge leaders on and off the court, I think.
This season is going to suck something awful for these kids, but on the bright side, we'll have some freshman and sophs with significant playing time and experience for next year.
L. S. WHO?
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

We have absolutely ZERO presence in the post. It will be a long season for sure. Kenneddy needs to pick up some strong board sweeping talent if we plan to compete for any wins, much less titles.
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

Well this no doubt was an embarrassing loss and I was one of the ones that thought we'd be playing for the SEC championship this year. I know that will probably not happen but we do have a very young team so they will continue to get better throughout the year so we'll have to see. This loss though was totally unexpected.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

ekmjr1 wrote:We have absolutely ZERO presence in the post. It will be a long season for sure. Kenneddy needs to pick up some strong board sweeping talent if we plan to compete for any wins, much less titles.
unfortunately, I believe we only have scholly room for one player this year, Reginald Buckner, unless Kennedy drops a player or two from the roster (which might happen if a couple guys don't show some toughness in the post).
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Maybe we'll be the Georgia of this year...

Wishful thinking?????

-William Faulkner
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

Justin_P34 wrote:yep thats it. pretty plain and simple and oh so sad. But im sure they will be back next year ready to go.
Gaskins had his surgery and talks about already wanting to be back on court.

Sucks that he can't be.

-William Faulkner