Scout Team

Kennedy Accused Of Hitting Cab Driver

http://www.wlwt.com/sports/18306497/detail.html

Deadman
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs. ... ledger.com

"OK, here's what I know. A UM spokesman has confirmed to me that coach Andy Kennedy was arrested last night and is meeting with athletic director Pete Boone about the immediate future. It is not known if Kennedy will coach tonight. That's what I got for now - I'll be back..."

Deadman
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I am not one for I told you sos, but....
TNreb
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Who's going to be our new coach? Does Tuberville coach basketball?
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

TNreb wrote:Who's going to be our new coach? Does Tuberville coach basketball?
Apparently Kennedy is still set to coach tonight.
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Everything I've read said that they'll announce the decision about who will coach tonight after Kennedy's 12:30PM court appearance and Kennedy's meeting with Boone.
done

If true....zero tolerance.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

I am more concerned with the level of dumbassery than the incident itself.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Agreed. Based on the performance the team's been showing so far this season, the coaching staff should be working on game plans and such, rather than out boozing it up on the town at 1AM the morning of the biggest game so far this season. Regardless of whether AK actually punched the guy or whatever, he didn't show the level of professionalism or judgement that I'd expect of someone making that much money...
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

BeeeDeee wrote:Agreed. Based on the performance the team's been showing so far this season, the coaching staff should be working on game plans and such, rather than out boozing it up on the town at 1AM the morning of the biggest game so far this season. Regardless of whether AK actually punched the guy or whatever, he didn't show the level of professionalism or judgement that I'd expect of someone making that much money...
Word is that Kennedy is coaching tonight.
Later,
Hagar
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

That word came out AFTER my post. Glad Boone's behind him. I hope it all turns out to be BS, but he still had no business out drinking at that time of night before a big game. It's just irresponsible.
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

I agree with you, Bee Deee, he shouldn't be making that kind of money and out the night before a big game. Maybe if this happen during the summer I wouldn't care too much about it besides it looking bad.

However I still think Kennedy is a good ball coach. So if this incident and the season's performance gives him enough blemishes to not be up or looking for other employment opportunities. I'm glad it happened.

It is well-known that Kennedy enjoys himself when it comes to being out on the town (just like Huggins...why do you think they got along so well), but so does several ceo's, lawyers, doctors, small business owners, etc.....

And I am sure he went out with either coaches or friends from his time in Cincy when he was a coach there. That is not too uncommon to go have a few drinks with friends or past co-workers even if a game was the next night.

BUT with that all being said he did set a poor example for his players and lost some ability to reprimand the players for making stupid mistakes or for being in similar situations during the season.

I think he should receive some sort of punishment for this. Either he loses some bonus/performance based money and he should not get an extension or anything like that, but termination seems extreme.

I have had foreign-born cabbies try to pull similar bs on me before. So I must discount the AK situation. Still like my dad always tells me "Nothing good happens after midnight" and AK is at fault for that.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle of the two gent's stories. I dont know A.K. so anything I say is speculation but I know that every single story I have ever heard about him outside of basketball involves him and a bar. I am all for people enjoying themselves but how can you command the respect of a team and keep them out of trouble when they know how you live your life? If I played on the current team, I would find it hilarious if the guy was preaching about discipline and teamwork. This also hurts in recruiting. Momma has a lot to do about where her little boy goes to play. It pains me to say this but if you were the parent of a standout and it was down to ole miss and state, would you want to send your son to play for ak or Ricky Stansburry?

Boone and RK need to tell A.K. that he is on such a short leash if he sneezes and doesnt say excuse me he is gone and to KEEP HIS ASS OUT OF BARS! It just doesnt make sense.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

AK has been advised several times that his carousings are not the best thing he could do for himself.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.