Proud of the effort.

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I thought L'ville might beat us by 40. .. With everything that happened in the last 24 hours, I was very proud! Our frontcourt is pitiful, backcourt will have to win every game that we win.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Agreed.

I thought there in the first half that they might just fold, but they stood strong and made a pretty nice run on the # 9 squad in the Country.

I do not care for "moral victories" anymore than most of you, but in light of what has transpired in the program, I am not necessarily mad at the outcome this evening.

As a total footnote here, with the lack of frontcourt presence, any chance that Greg Hardy returns to Basketball?
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Hardy...I've actually thought about that myself. It's funny how things work out sometimes and how critical timing is in the course of a college sports program.

IF is the biggest word in the English language, but if you put just a "decent' big man with Warren and Huertas to go along with the continuous improvement of the other young guards and forwards then you'd have a much different basketball team. One of our 3 big men from last year (Beard, Dwayne, or JP) would make a HUGE difference for this team. That along with a perimeter defender like EP and you are talking a whole different level of play.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

As some of you may know, I am all University of Louisville Basketball. I watched the entire game last night and was surprised how good yall were. That game was over in the first 12 minutes, I thought. Earl Clark was having his way while everyone else watched. Then yall took advantage of our falling asleep. That team may not have been good, but I will say you guys fought back and played with us till near the end. I will say with a big man that could hold down the middle (on offense, defense was fine) yall could be avery dangerous team. But yall are the first team Ive seen this year that killed our big superfrosh Samardo. Big ups to the d of the big men.
done

It was a good effort to come back, but I never even thought we would win because we are the most undisciplined Ole Miss team I have seen in my 30 years of serious interest in Ole Miss basketball.

But so is Louisville....so is just about every other NCAA basketball team out there. When I was in school, basketball was actually my favorite game to go watch (just for the game, not the other stuff). But the quality of play at every level of the game has dropped so dramatically over the last several years that I cringe when I watch it now. Not the quality of athlete, but the quality of play....Coach Evans and Barnes good teams gave me much more joy in a close loss than this version of Rebels gives me in a win.

I hate the style of play. And the players in college basketball, many of whom are probably fine men, look like a bunch of thugs with tattoos from head to toe.

I really do think that I may be done with college basketball. I will watch the Rebels in important games and maybe watch the kid at North Carolina every now and then, but I have better things to do than watch 'em run up and down the court helter skelter and play sloppy sloppy basketball.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:It was a good effort to come back, but I never even thought we would win because we are the most undisciplined Ole Miss team I have seen in my 30 years of serious interest in Ole Miss basketball.

But so is Louisville....so is just about every other NCAA basketball team out there. When I was in school, basketball was actually my favorite game to go watch (just for the game, not the other stuff). But the quality of play at every level of the game has dropped so dramatically over the last several years that I cringe when I watch it now. Not the quality of athlete, but the quality of play....Coach Evans and Barnes good teams gave me much more joy in a close loss than this version of Rebels gives me in a win.

I hate the style of play. And the players in college basketball, many of whom are probably fine men, look like a bunch of thugs with tattoos from head to toe.

I really do think that I may be done with college basketball. I will watch the Rebels in important games and maybe watch the kid at North Carolina every now and then, but I have better things to do than watch 'em run up and down the court helter skelter and play sloppy sloppy basketball.
I couldn't agree with you more. College basketball was my favorite sport to watch for a long time. It's not as much of a team sport anymore. I really don't get it. It's just not fun to watch any more.
Some Random Dude
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Its the minor leagues of the Nba. And thats kinda funny bc very few actually make it in the NBA.
done

BigTrev34 wrote:Its the minor leagues of the Nba. And thats kinda funny bc very few actually make it in the NBA.
That is exactly what it has become BigTrev...and we ought to fight tooth and nail to resist letting College Football become even more of a minor league for the NFL or it will suffer the same fate.

We need to tighten the rules on early jumps to the draft and resist the popular, but short sighted, attempts to install an NFL or basketball type playoff system.

College football is still the greatest and most unique of the major sports at any level....that is why I am so adamant that we don't change its uniqueness to satisfy national pundits, most of whom really prefer the professional sports.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:Its the minor leagues of the Nba. And thats kinda funny bc very few actually make it in the NBA.
That is exactly what it has become BigTrev...and we ought to fight tooth and nail to resist letting College Football become even more of a minor league for the NFL or it will suffer the same fate.

We need to tighten the rules on early jumps to the draft and resist the popular, but short sighted, attempts to install an NFL or basketball type playoff system.

College football is still the greatest and most unique of the major sports at any level....that is why I am so adamant that we don't change its uniqueness to satisfy national pundits, most of whom really prefer the professional sports.
Im an NBA fan. I do love the one on one game and the flashiness. But people arent realizing the fundamentals and how to play the game the right way. We see Kobe and Lebron and Wade getting all the love when the guy that is doing it right is getting no love - Tim duncan. I belive he has the same amount of chips as these guys do combined. and kobe had shaq. anyway, the college game is fine. we have all these different offenses and kids going to schools not bc its the best chance to go pro, but bc they fit the system (Tebow and Pat White). The College game right now is light years away from the NFL. The NFL is not creative like the college game and it will be that way for a while. The only people that have problkems with this are pro scouts bc its hard to evaluate RBs and Qbs in spread offenses and Wrs in pass happy offenses. The College football game is safe. College Basketball however, is all style no substance. But I still love it.