AK is Trash, and I hope he reads this.

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Andy Kennedy is trash. If this were the first time he or one of his coaches screwed up I'd let it slide, but the assistant that got arrested with him *beep* on my friends truck and because my friend beat the living hell out of him, got fired from the library. Boone was able to keep that one under wraps.

You mix liquor with this scumbag and it's never a good result. Never before have I been so adamant about firing a coach, even Orgeron. Get this million dollar piece of *beep* out of our town and back up north where his ignorant, drunk ass belongs.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mpzreb17 wrote:Andy Kennedy is trash. If this were the first time he or one of his coaches screwed up I'd let it slide, but the assistant that got arrested with him *beep* on my friends truck and because my friend beat the living hell out of him, got fired from the library. Boone was able to keep that one under wraps.

You mix liquor with this scumbag and it's never a good result. Never before have I been so adamant about firing a coach, even Orgeron. Get this million dollar piece of *beep* out of our town and back up north where his ignorant, drunk ass belongs.
So.......get him a contract extension? Is that what you're saying?

I'm just kidding, man. I didn't know anything about them boozing it up in Oxford until this Cincy story came out. I defended him first, but after seeing the video of the valet guy, it's not looking good.

Sucks about your friend, though. I've got a good friend who bounces at the Library. Don't know if he's still doing it, but he's still in Oxford.
Some Random Dude
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

I bounced there myself for a year. I knew everyone on first name basis. I got fired in May, luckily not because of a coaching incident, but also under BS pretenses..still working frat parties and things like that though.

I just can't believe we allow a coach, the face of the program, to remain on salary after going to town on a cab driver and allegedly using racial slurs. Our schools image has had enough drama for one institution.
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

mpzreb17 wrote:Andy Kennedy is trash. If this were the first time he or one of his coaches screwed up I'd let it slide, but the assistant that got arrested with him *beep* on my friends truck and because my friend beat the living hell out of him, got fired from the library. Boone was able to keep that one under wraps.

I think you're wrong as of now. I think that he may or may not have done this we just have to wait and see. You cannot pass judgment on a man that has not been proven guilty as of yet so to go and say these things is not right in my opinion. Now yes I will say that why would this cab driver come out and lie for no reason? I don't know but we don't know the whole story yet and until then I am going to stand by AK until the verdict has been made!!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
eaglereb
Banned

If he wins who cares? The drunk ass Iowa state coach has not produced for USM in 5 years, at least you guys have a winning coach. By the way you guys do not have a good rep anyway--you are all racsist SOBs and that won't be going away anytime soon.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

eaglereb wrote:If he wins who cares? The drunk ass Iowa state coach has not produced for USM in 5 years, at least you guys have a winning coach. By the way you guys do not have a good rep anyway--you are all racsist SOBs and that won't be going away anytime soon.
I hafta say this-huh?

Your chosen name is eagleREB,

I don't get it.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

OMNOB wrote:
eaglereb wrote:If he wins who cares? The drunk ass Iowa state coach has not produced for USM in 5 years, at least you guys have a winning coach. By the way you guys do not have a good rep anyway--you are all racsist SOBs and that won't be going away anytime soon.
I hafta say this-huh?

Your chosen name is eagleREB,

I don't get it.
I think he jsut bought himself a ban... I don't take lightly to being called a SOB... in any form.
Later,
Hagar
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And here class is a classic example of talking out the wrong crack on your body. Someone who just speaks, even though he has NO idea what he's talking about, just to hear himself talk. U sir may now crawl back in your little hole.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

And yet another one, pityful.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I just don't understand why people are so quick to judge someone when they don't know all the details. I got some good information on this today from a solid source.

The coaches waved down a cab and started piling in... at which time the cabbie already started the meter. Then he told them he couldn't take them all and refused to leave until one of them got out. Meanwhile, the meter is ticking and the cab has never moved. Instead of leaving one coach or part of the coaches behind, they all got out. This upset the cabbie and he wasn't happy at this point because he wanted to be paid, yet the car never even moved. The coaches refused to pay him for nothing and just blew him off.

The coaches then waived down another cab, but the entire incident escalated when the original cabbie came back around the block and stopped the new cabbie, and they were sitting in traffic arguing back and forth in Arabic, with the meter running, yet they weren't moving. That's when the coaches started to get upset and the one cabbie ended up dropping the racial slur on one of our coaches first.

From there, the details are sketchy, so anyone that witnessed it from that point could have only seen the coaches doing most of the talking and action, and I think that's where the valet guy comes in. The bottom line is that the cabbie tried to rip off the coaches and charge them for a ride he never gave them. The guy wouldn't let it go and he came back and started the whole issue, and he dropped the racial slurr first as well. That's when one of the coaches called him Sadam and Osama, and the cabbie claims that was a racial slurr to him. It's all crazy and it all happened because of a shady cab driver.

Could all of this be a mute point had the coaches stayed in and ordered pizza... of course. However, it could have happened at lunch time or breakfast or any other time as well. It's an unfortunate incident, but for people to fry AK or any of the other coaches at this point is not the right thing to do. Give him the benefit of the doubt until it's proven for sure he was in the wrong and the instigator of this issue.

A lot of the facts have not come out on this yet, but will with time. Don't rush to find guilt when you don't really know what happened. Just wait and the facts will come out. If AK is guilty at that time, you can pass judgement then.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

I know the details. I've worked at the bars many of times where he gets thrown out for being too drunk in Oxford. If you're calling me a liar, I couldn't care less. The fact is enough is enough.

In reality they should just knock down the tad pad and focus on football and baseball anyway. Basketball is a joke, especially with an insane coach like AK who can't stay calm on liquor.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

mpzreb17 wrote:I know the details. I've worked at the bars many of times where he gets thrown out for being too drunk in Oxford. If you're calling me a liar, I couldn't care less. The fact is enough is enough.

In reality they should just knock down the tad pad and focus on football and baseball anyway. Basketball is a joke, especially with an insane coach like AK who can't stay calm on liquor.
You're proving yourself to be quite a resource for level headed, fact based decisions . Preach on.
L. S. WHO?
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Im a Louisville fan, so I dont usually get on this forum of basketball, but yall are killing this guy. I cant think of many coaches that dont drink. The Sutton family, Thuggins. Hell, Billy Gillispie has his own driver so he doesnt get a DUI. Its part of coaching. I know the guy screwed up, I realize that, but drinking is a part of coacing it seems to me.
Tcounty
Scout Team
Scout Team

mpzreb17 wrote:
In reality they should just knock down the tad pad and focus on football and baseball anyway. .

I agree. Another question, we have a basketball team??? lol stir the pot.