BigTrev....

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

That Louisville game tonight was one of the best games I have watched this year. Congrats on the win.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

i have an ex-girlfriend who just LOVED Louisville. I just have the hardest time pulling for them now.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Yeah. Notre Dame was good, but we got Pitt at home Saturday. I know everybody always thinks we suck until the tourney starts and then they talk about how dangerous we are.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Your team reminds me alot of Memphis State right with the length and athleticism at the forward spots. You have a better post presence with Samuels than the Tigers though.

It seems to be a staple of Pitino teams to chalk up these games that they really had no business losing (Western Kentucky, Minny) but doing it big in the big time games. I can see you upending Pitt and given the ridiculous nature of the Big East this season I can see you doing very, very well in conference play.

Pitt is a good team, no doubt. I love Levance Fields, but I don't think there's a chance they get a one seed in the tournament, especially because of the Big East, and I can see their losses start piling up starting Saturday.

Finally, I don't get teams like Notre Dame, Texas and OU. Trying to win with seven players is just dumb. It may work well enough during the regular season but you will be exposed come Tournament time.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

MtownRebel wrote:Your team reminds me alot of Memphis State right with the length and athleticism at the forward spots. You have a better post presence with Samuels than the Tigers though.

It seems to be a staple of Pitino teams to chalk up these games that they really had no business losing (Western Kentucky, Minny) but doing it big in the big time games. I can see you upending Pitt and given the ridiculous nature of the Big East this season I can see you doing very, very well in conference play.

Pitt is a good team, no doubt. I love Levance Fields, but I don't think there's a chance they get a one seed in the tournament, especially because of the Big East, and I can see their losses start piling up starting Saturday.

Finally, I don't get teams like Notre Dame, Texas and OU. Trying to win with seven players is just dumb. It may work well enough during the regular season but you will be exposed come Tournament time.
We have kids that just are long and athletic with a lot of potential. Earl Clark (#5) used to be raw and had no real idea how to play. He is now much better (although still is incosistent). I like our chances against Pitt this weekend. I knew we would lose to Minnesota bc we were so tired and Pitino already had excuses. I was fine with that bc I still love Tubby. The WKu loss was embarrasing, but I managed that bc I got a friend that is on the team and I played against two of em so I root for em. That is what I like most about our team is that we are 2 deep at every position. Once our PG play gets good and consistent and Samardo the superfrosh figures it out we are going to be scary good.