Bad 1st half.

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

We looked confused, lets pick it up for the 2nd.
JeremyReb

yep, tough start
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Just a poor pathetic effort all around from the team. LSU is good. But they aren't that good. We did not look like we were ready to play. It will be tough for this team to win 5 SEC games.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

That's the most pathetic, the most embarrassing display of "college" basketball I've ever seen... and that's the good part. Didn't shoot a foul shot until three minutes left in the game...
------------------

felicianareb wrote:That's the most pathetic, the most embarrassing display of "college" basketball I've ever seen... and that's the good part. Didn't shoot a foul shot until three minutes left in the game...
Apparently you weren't around for the Ed Murphy years.

*shudder*
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Seems like early on we were driving to basket, only to get caught up in the trees. LSU played some tough defense down low and the refs let them play. I am all for letting the teams play, but when that happens we have to take it strong to the hole and finish. Just seemed like we were wanting the call every time and not worried about finishing the play.

We also looked like we were in slowmo the entire second half.
done

Sasquatch wrote:
felicianareb wrote:That's the most pathetic, the most embarrassing display of "college" basketball I've ever seen... and that's the good part. Didn't shoot a foul shot until three minutes left in the game...

*shudder*
I was around for the Murphy years and the Weltlich, Jarvis, Hunt years and this is certainly the least disciplined program of all of those.

A couple years into the AK era I am not impressed at all with the quality of play OR the quality of character of this program. Hate to say that but just being honest. At least under Rod I never doubted the latter.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I just love a close game!
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

Sasquatch wrote:

*shudder*
Oh I was around and those were the days when even if they were playing on tv by some rare lucky chance I would watch an infomercial if given the choice
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Can't say I liked Ed a whole bunch, but his son and Gerald "World Class" Glass and others I thought were kinda fun to watch and they won some games as well.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
Townes
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Rebchuck18 wrote: I was around for the Murphy years and the Weltlich, Jarvis, Hunt years and this is certainly the least disciplined program of all of those.
Average age of a healthy Ole Miss scholarship basketball player = 19.
Average years on the team = 0.56.

I don't think you can judge this program's discipline on the fact that they're really young and have never played college ball before.

Look. No one should complain about this season. No matter what. Chris Warren is as good as Calathes, and Eniel Polynice is a do-everything player. Without the two of them, we were going to have trouble. Anything we get out of this season (i.e. the development of Terrico White, Murphy Holloway, and Malcolm White) is good.
Houston Nutt has done nothing but good things for Ole Miss. Until he does something bad, all your arguments against him are lost on us.
done

Townes wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote: I was around for the Murphy years and the Weltlich, Jarvis, Hunt years and this is certainly the least disciplined program of all of those.

I don't think you can judge this program's discipline on the fact that they're really young and have never played college ball before.

Look. No one should complain about this season. No matter what. Chris Warren is as good as Calathes, and Eniel Polynice is a do-everything player. Without the two of them, we were going to have trouble. Anything we get out of this season (i.e. the development of Terrico White, Murphy Holloway, and Malcolm White) is good.
Most every basketball team in this land has youngsters on it nowadays (as fewer and fewer stay around). Discipline is not just a reflection of age, it is a reflection of leadership, and in our case a reflection of style as well. Those two come from coaching.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Townes wrote:

I can't speak for others, but I'm not complaining about youth. I'm complaining about not possessing enough discipline or pride to perform the basic basketball skills commonly practiced at the high school level.
done

felicianareb wrote:
Townes wrote:

I can't speak for others, but I'm not complaining about youth. I'm complaining about not possessing enough discipline or pride to perform the basic basketball skills commonly practiced at the high school level.
ditto
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

The coaching, great or not great, is the best we have had in the history of the program.....chill, ppl.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson