Proud of CAK for getting the best out

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Of this team. Xavier was just too strong and talented.

And I am proud of this team for overachieving this season.
Last edited by 14zrebs on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

We played like crap. They were very beatable. Like we did not show up.
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

texasrebel wrote:We played like crap. They were very beatable. Like we did not show up.
You must have been watching a different game. I saw a team that had way more strength inside and good shooters in the back court. We had trouble with teams with strong front courts all season.

CAK Needs to get Perez and Saiz in the weight room and he needs to recruit some muscular big men.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

14zrebs wrote:
texasrebel wrote:We played like crap. They were very beatable. Like we did not show up.
You must have been watching a different game. I saw a team that had way more strength inside and good shooters in the back court. We had trouble with teams with strong front courts all season.

CAK Needs to get Perez and Saiz in the weight room and he needs to recruit some muscular big men.
Kennedy doesn't recruit big men with bulk...leans more toward the Euro type of post. The last one we had, Kennedy played him 10 minutes a game (Cox). I'll say it again, we're 3rd in the nation in FT shooting, yet we still (especially Summers, who is sub-20% from 3) keep jacking up 3's. GET TO THE FREAKING FT LINE!! I guess it's too late for me to be shouting... (:-
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

14zrebs wrote:Of this team. Xavier was just too strong and talented.

And I am proud of this team for underachieving this season.

Dude, I mean this as nice as possible, but shut up... We get it, you will name your next dog Andy and the next Kennedy.. Congrats for getting there, but don't act like we played Kentucky (who we actually played a hell of a lot better)... We left a fat body, who is the most un athletic player in this tourney, get to his left hand repeatedly.. Looked out of sorts offensively all night.. Tried to get cute down 14 and almost blew a breakaway layup.. Did blow a dunk by trying to hammer it.. We played them almost even after we left them run away with the game.. This isn't getting your ass beat because there was a huge gap in talent.. This was getting your ass beat because the other team played solid basketball, and you looked like a church league bball team..
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

14zrebs wrote:

What are you talking about??? Like the announcers said, face somebody who is that un athletic.. No joke his vertical might be 10 inches.. Had nothing to do with muscle.. He was fat body who was left handed and we continued to let him get to that left hand..
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

That's why you don't choose us in your main bracket .
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

MageeRebel425 wrote:
14zrebs wrote:

What are you talking about??? Like the announcers said, face somebody who is that un athletic.. No joke his vertical might be 10 inches.. Had nothing to do with muscle.. He was fat body who was left handed and we continued to let him get to that left hand..
Magee, R U agreeing with me or disagreeing?

I saw that Stainbrook can't jump but he can certainly put it in the hoop and is excellent passing the ball. He was simply too strong for our front court.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

If AK got the best out of the boys tonight, what was the 2nd half versus BYU? We have played our best for a full game maybe 3 - 5 times. We have had a lot of spurts in games through the season, but few complete games. Tonight I didn't see one single 2 minute segment where we played our best.
14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

No he didn't get the best out of them today.